Some sawmill action photo's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all here are a few pic's of my sawmill in action , also a minor mod I did to it to stop the 36" bar vibrating , worked wicked , but need's to be a little stronger , currently the new bar end support is made of a piece of floppy aluminum channel I found out bush , I will get some of that galv stuff soon . Cheer's MM

Hi all here are a few pic's of my sawmill in action , also a minor mod I did to it to stop the 36" bar vibrating , worked wicked , but need's to be a little stronger , currently the new bar end support is made of a piece of floppy aluminum channel I found out bush , I will get some of that galv stuff soon . Cheer's MM

Picts are great... thanks for posting some...

Well, here's a pict. some you may have already seen. It was in Timberline Magazine a while back....

standard.jpg

And "yes" i've posted this one here before, but it's my fav pict., because that cherry was my fav log of all time that i've sawn!

standard.jpg

Edgeing boards as i saw...

standard.jpg

Sawing out "stickers"...

standard.jpg

And here the pile go "up", so the stickers can air dry...

standard.jpg

Making use of those stickers...

standard.jpg

Rob

Nice setups! Matildasmate looks like you can cut some accurate stuff on that mill without breaking your back, sweet shed too! Your run GB bars? What do you think of them? I got a 36" GB high tech titanium seems solid especially for the price but I hope I never have to drill it hard as a rock!! Have you ever used their ripping chain? I bought a 100' reel of their 3/8ths .50 but like I have said haven't used it yet hoping it works out well. Thats a nice Norwood too!! Looks solid and never heard anything bad about them seems like most people that have them love them (after they get em' together!!) Nice wood in those pics too!!

GB bar's

Hi Irishcountry ...... Yeah they are good bar's , I also have a 36" bar ,the one in the picture's . My setup is good on your back , but these Logosol setup's are really only designed for small log's , which are easy to handle , as you can see I use a forklift to handle my log's , it make's life a lot easier , if I have to roll a large log after I have cut one side off , I just roll it back onto the fork's and turn it and then slide it back onto the mill , it is a bit hard to roll a large redgum log on my sawmill , just to heavy , the flitch , cant , slab , whatever you wish to call it on the mill in the picture was about 28" wide at the widest point . Hey Rob ...... nice pic's mate . Cheer's MM

MM, what kind of aussie wood is that you're slicing. Looks reddish... looks beautiful. I also like your shed... did you build it?

MM, what kind of aussie wood is that you're slicing. Looks reddish... looks beautiful. I also like your shed... did you build it?
Still more of that Redgum , I was cutting it up yesterday arvo for while , I have still got part of that cant on the mill now , I have to sharpen my chain up before I go any further , the piece on the mill is about 28" wide and real slow going with a blunt chain , it's not a lot faster at that width with a sharp chain . This my last wide log of Redgum , then I have about 6 smaller log's to do , today's my last day off , so it's back to the slave camp tomorrow . Cheer's MM

Rob, doncha just love sawin' stickers? My kids like it when i do...they can
carry them easily, so it's fun...building good habits..and strong rugratz!

that's a real set-up on your mill MM, don't blame you on the turning, all them big pieces are heavy. that forklift of yours, does it go pretty good on loose terrain? that's a good lookin' machine, bet you work it like a horse. hey rob, like the looks of that norwood, looks like you had some good sawin' weather. can you cut that wide a load of stickers down to the last one or do you have to narrow the amount to keep them from kicking up [pic 4]?

that's a real set-up on your mill MM, don't blame you on the turning, all them big pieces are heavy. that forklift of yours, does it go pretty good on loose terrain? that's a good lookin' machine, bet you work it like a horse. hey rob, like the looks of that norwood, looks like you had some good sawin' weather. can you cut that wide a load of stickers down to the last one or do you have to narrow the amount to keep them from kicking up [pic 4]?

I can saw 24" wide and down to 1" or so from the bunks... I like to saw out stickers as i take boards off the cant, and that's what i'm doing in the pict... It works out really well doing it that way...

Rob

The fork goe's well but not in loose stuff , I have already bogged it a couple of time's , of all thing's in sandstone rubble , the ground , or black mud as I call it around my place dry's out pretty solid this time of year . Cheer's MM

Latest posts

Back