Some work with da Stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Reaction score
I decided to take down this tree yesterday. I thought I would be better off to dig and push it over with the hoe but it was more rotton than I expected. While trying to push it just broke and sent a nice chunk of wood into the cab at 150mph, after cleaning out my drawers I went to cut. If I would have tried to cut and fell this tree, it would have been in the road. I don't have ropes so that was out of the question.
attachment.php

The tools: 026, straight out of the legend's Cuda. I didn't even need the 660 but brought it in case, LOL. I am very pleased with my muff mod 026. If those 5100s and 346s are faster then I gots to run one. I think this is a oak but not sure, anyway with that 16" bar buried it cut great.
attachment.php

I think that I will get a fair amount of firewood but most was rotton. As I was taking the logs back to the house the darn fan belt broke so the hoe was out.
attachment.php

I decided to take down this tree yesterday. I thought I would be better off to dig and push it over with the hoe but it was more rotton than I expected. While trying to push it just broke and sent a nice chunk of wood into the cab at 150mph, after cleaning out my drawers I went to cut. If I would have tried to cut and fell this tree, it would have been in the road. I don't have ropes so that was out of the question.
attachment.php

The tools: 026, straight out of the legend's Cuda. I didn't even need the 660 but brought it in case, LOL. I am very pleased with my muff mod 026. If those 5100s and 346s are faster then I gots to run one. I think this is a oak but not sure, anyway with that 16" bar buried it cut great.
attachment.php

I think that I will get a fair amount of firewood but most was rotton. As I was taking the logs back to the house the darn fan belt broke so the hoe was out.
attachment.php

That looks like pin Oak, just cut some for my neighbor last week.;)

Old Indian Trick

Save the noodles in a paper bag ...They make great fire starter.......;) ;)

Heres a better way, Old Indian Trick.
I Just break a chunk off Like 2"x2", Thats all I need to get a fire going.
The box will last all winter starting fires in the house and the garage
attachment.php

Last edited:
Good Job there 2000,
I see your felling technique has not changed.

Looks like you had a good day.
Thanks for sharing.

Heres a better way, Old Indian Trick.
I Just break a chunk off Like 2"x2", Thats all I need to get a fire going.
The box will last all winter starting fires in the house and the garage
attachment.php
Where did the indians buy those starter logg's from?

Back