sometimes just say no!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your darn right about that.If it had been one of my stories,it definetly would have ended up something like.....

We wondered what set that ole bull off,kinda strange for the thing to suddenly go half cocked and try and smash the place up.But lordy, when we started carving the ole guy up into steaks, we found out why.

There, right in the ass end of the old boy, there was treeco buried up to his ankles.I guess in his frenzy for a little late nig...ht "exercise" he fell right in.Guess he just got a little excited and couldnt hold back and just got plain ole too excited I reckon.
Shoot, it took three cable come alongs and a tractor to extracate ole treeco, and then dang it, as soon as we got the cables undone the son of a gun jumped right back into action,muttering something about "not being done yet".

Some guys just never learn the easy way......
dude that just funny right there, i dont care who you are.. thats funny...
we talked today and i told him i put this on here... he got upset because of the law suit. he's afraid the neighbor will find out giving more cause for the neighbor to not have to pay for half the fencing etc...he has been complaining to township trusties over this whole ordeal about the fence etc..its and ugly battle..
any how the bulls range from Angus to polled herfords to Brahma's some Watusi's guernsey... the one attacked and killed was a Holstein bull he picked up from an auction.... he just raises them for beef...he's not a breeder...
the situation was he was standing on the body just outside the cabin cutting strings off the bale before... when he dropped the bale the bull attacked, actually three did but only one persisted to keep going... any how he explained he then started to get out to shew them away and the Holstein kept on coming at him so he dropped between the bucket and the bobcat and the bull dived in...any how i wouldn't want to be in his shoes at the time... therefor i am not interested in cutting wood from his pastures with the bulls right around you at the time...no thanks.
we raised Boer goats for a while here and i have been pinned against a wall by a 400 pound buck once... hit me hard enough to break my wrist. my donkey at 350 pounds each can lay a wallop on ya at anytime if you dont pay attention...
its just not worth the wood to get hurt or worse...

I raise holstein steers. Keep about 1200 around all the time.

Holsteins are fairly docile. However, they are nuts, at times too. Some people claim beef cattle have an affinity to go nuts when cornered or raised in confinement. This may be true, but a holstein will go nuts unexpectedly.

I have had more than one, in my 5 years here, that have tried climbing in my skidsteer with me. I have also had more, that have went nuts and tried to smash and trample me, with nothing like the cage of a skidsteer to protect me.

I show every one of those walking hamburgers, that I am ten times meaner than they ever thought of being. If you don't assert your dominance and show them you mean business, they will show you who the boss is. 1400 plus pounds of angry ribeyes can kill you right quick. I am not afraid of them in the least.

I used to help a friend herd his cows sometimes. I could do that all day long, no problem. The cows are quite docile.

One time I went there and there was a "visiting" bull in another pasture. I looked at that bull's eyes from about 100 ft. away and on the other side of the fence. All I can say is there is NO way I would ever go into the same pasture with that bull in there!

Actually I was not comfortable even being on the other side of the fence! He looked mean.

And no way I would ever play "Bull Poker"...
YouTube - no bull poker

i had a friend killed and ate buy a 400 pound boar hog... bulls are quite a bit bigger...also had a friend tell me of a male lama he sold to a couple , this lama got the lady down in the pasture and was trying to breed her(her time of the month) causing serious back injuries etc... he was sued by the couple and the lama was killed.... just dont trust any animal when you turn your back things can happen quick...
we also had a sheriff kill a Holstein heifer here on the farm three years ago... this heifer was loose for over a month and they had been looking for it, this thing would charge you when close to you... 1100 # of fury on the hoof. my neighbor penned it up in his bull pen...it took the gates off the wall when it broke out then came here and the sheriff showed up and shot it in the back yard...but thats another story in life.
another guy we custom baled for had his back broken by a guernsey bull, he turn his back and the bull plowed him into the ground...firewood is not worth your life or serious injury..thats all i am saying...be careful.

Last edited:
sunday Jan 30th

i was out splitting wood at 2pm and got a call from a good neighbor that he was helping the other neighbor load three bulls and one got out, grabbed the 30-06 dove over there and shot him (the bull) ...he had already crossed the road and had jumped three fences...i went to help them load the other 2 and another one got out...had to shoot him too. we gave up loading the third one.. i think he is going to get the same treatment as the other two. all three still had nuts. crazy things. we skinned them and got them quartered up hanging in the neighbors meat shed by 8:30pm. it was a whole lot more exciting than splitting wood!!!! bulls are nothing to mess with (the 30-06 takes the mean out of them...very gentle now)

Bulls

When I was a kid I rode our bull all over the farm. Two binder twine to his ring in his nose. Always wanted a horse, my dad hated them. I would try to do my riding before my dad come home from work. Sometimes I would get caught. He would go nuts about the bull going crazy They had one go nuts before I come along. Jump along about thirty years. A neighbor had a bull get lose and come on my property. I thought it was a cow at first, my mistake. I tried to get out of way it hit me put me airborne. I known my dad was up there in heaven laughing his ass off saying I told you so. You can't trust them.

Latest posts

Back