Songs stuck in your head this wood season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaberwky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can't possibly be the only one who listens to music while cutting and stacking. This season I'm enjoying the new Mastodon release (The Hunter) which has an awesome song called "Curl of the Burl". Not only is it a great song, but directly related to woodcutting. It is written about the practice in the Pacific NW of people illegally harvesting wood burls in order to sell them to hobbyist or other wood carvers and use the money for meth habits. Similar to ivory, the criminals kill the whole tree and abandon the wood in order to get the small amount of burl.

I seem to have a lot of burls in the wood this year.

Any other interesting music being heard this season?

"Ain't Gonna need this house No longer; I'm gettin Ready to meet the Saints"
I lilke the parts ' this ole house was home and comfort when we fought the storms of life' and
' now she trembles in the darkness when the lightnin walks about' and that sad ending
' Awe, but our huntin days are over. Me' n that ole dog, we ain't going hunitn Any More, Gabriel gonna bring in my Chariot when the wind blows down that door'. ain't gonna need this house no longer ~

Forgive my inability to post links. Please go to Youtube and type in "Hank Williams 3 ruby get back to the hills." It will transform your life. Thank me later. I've been spreading the gospel of this song for days to everyone i know. And yes, that's Hank Williams the third's voice and his voice alone throughout.:rock: tell your friends about it!:rock:

BREAKIN THE LAW : JUDAS PRIEST

I saw mastadon on a latenight show last week and they ROCKED !

mike

I listen to pandora on my droid or ipod when i stack, i can grab the wifi from the house....I heard Scotty McCreadys new song last weekend "trouble with girls"...and its been stuck with me since....

About anything by Dale Watson.

That's country music, boys. Not the crap they play on the radio or produce in Nashville. Wayne Hancock is pretty darned good, too.

Well, it's hardly been a season, but I've had "Mr. Roboto" stuck in my head since this morning............with parts made in Japaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn secret, secret, I've got a secret............Thank you very mucho

Steve

Latest posts

Back