Sooteater rotary chimney cleaner worked for me!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just cleaned my 25ft SS rigid liner chimney with the Sooteater rotary chimney cleaning kit. Sure does beat cleaning from the top. I pushed the sooteater with the flexible rods three feet through the horizontal pipe then made a 90 deg bend and I kept adding extensions till I reached the top. I turned the drill on and whipped the inside of the pipe with a slow sweeping motion all the way down. I had my wife holding the ash vac in the pipe. I love this thing and my chimney is very clean. Make sure you get the black rods there much better than the white ones.

I just cleaned my 25ft SS rigid liner chimney with the Sooteater rotary chimney cleaning kit. Sure does beat cleaning from the top. I pushed the sooteater with the flexible rods three feet through the horizontal pipe then made a 90 deg bend and I kept adding extensions till I reached the top. I turned the drill on and whipped the inside of the pipe with a slow sweeping motion all the way down. I had my wife holding the ash vac in the pipe. I love this thing and my chimney is very clean. Make sure you get the black rods there much better than the white ones.

what are the bristles made of??

well, if you only have DRY accumulation in the chimney, those may be ok..i would want steel bristles..

No no this thing cleans better than any wire brush I ever used. Its pretty stout weed whacker string and with the drill spinning wide open its pretty aggressive. I had a little creosote build up and it took it right off. I use a powdered creosote cleaner every two weeks. I just through a scoop in on a hot fire and it dries any creosote in the pipe making it simple to clean.

I got my parents this for xmas last year, it has the thicker white rods tho, but we don't have any bends in the liner.

Worked great just going slow speed with an up and down sweeping motion, tons of buildup came out.

It was funny most of the chunks you could tell were seated in the spiral shaped groves on the inside of the liner, not much more beyond that.

Works great though, and I think it was like $50 bucks or something around that

Back