Sort of picked this up today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Save some for the rest of us!:mad:
Ease up I have 4 of them in my shop too. Admittedly 2 belong to another guy but its still fun to look at all 4 of them and my p52 all line up on the shelf. Do you really want one? I might be able to get one of these lined up and sent your way...???

One of mine came from a picking hole lightly scored with a 36" 404 bar and chain and had the tank plug fixed already... $60-$70 as I recall is what I paid. So if the cylinder is good in struggles saw he's ahead of me.

I got inspired by struggles find and finally got the bar tip changed on my NOS windsor speed tip 42" bar to a 3/8. Then I patched a 3/8 skip chain so it would be long enough to fit. Pretty excited to run the combo...

Struggle... Wake up! We all want to know if its a BP. Also what model carb is on it???

To tell if it has the BP, just pull the muffler and look into the jug. The BP will be in the wall of the jug straight across from the exhaust port.
Congrats! You'll love it. I'm up to 4 655's now and 1 P65 which is the same as the 655... they be my favorite saw. If you should need any parts or info, gimme a shout.

Here's a couple pics of a NOS 655BP top end I have. You can see the BP through the exhaust port. You can see in the pic the piston has a cut out in the side making the BP system work better. They first made the BP in the jug and used a completely solid piston. The idea of the BP still worked with the solid piston, but not as well as it should have. Later in production they started making the cut out piston to make it function even better. It's possible you may have the BP in the jug with a solid piston. I don't know if you plan on tearing it down or not, but Bryce has the cut out pistons on ebay if you should need one.

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Today the PRP655 made its way up to NW Iowa.

My buddy that picked it up for me said it pulls over really hard and he was right. Man does it have some compression.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to me to be a boost port.

Saw looks very low hours.

The rear handle guard is cracked but what can you expect for a $40 saw

ygapetaq.jpg

uhypu7ub.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also looked into the fuel tank and it appears to have had the filler done to the plug thing people talk about. There is some type of JB weld or similiar product smeared around at the top between the oil tank and fuel if that is what I'm seeing.

I also looked into the fuel tank and it appears to have had the filler done to the plug thing people talk about. There is some type of JB weld or similiar product smeared around at the top between the oil tank and fuel if that is what I'm seeing.

That be good as it takes a complete tare down to fix properly. B.T.D.T.

This afternoon I choked it and pulled about ten time and bang off it was running. Slings oil all over the floor from bliping the throttle. Idle was just slightly high. No change when tipped on its sides etc.

Has a new never used air-filter. I think it was serviced and then shelved. I'm ok with that:D

Back