Source Stihl 038 super piston and cylinder kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raumati01

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding an aftermarket kit for this, NOS is more than I want to spend but I cant find and aftermarket kit with a brand name [tecomec, meteor etc]on it which doesn't fill me with confidence. Magnum and standard 038 are pretty easy to find in comparison.
If you've had any good experience with an aftermarket supplier let me know or if you're one of the sponsors and stock them and I couldn't find it on your site I'd be keen to support you.

He may be able to get me possibly unless they are discontinued like the tecomec 028 kit.:( You may be stuck with used.whats wrong with your original cylinder?

Its wearing through the lining and theres a couple of small chips around the intake port.

Should mention its my first rebuild so I'd sleep slightly better if I stuffed it up and wrecked a $100 kit over a $269 oem kit.

I'm having trouble finding an aftermarket kit for this, NOS is more than I want to spend but I cant find and aftermarket kit with a brand name [tecomec, meteor etc]on it which doesn't fill me with confidence. Magnum and standard 038 are pretty easy to find in comparison.
If you've had any good experience with an aftermarket supplier let me know or if you're one of the sponsors and stock them and I couldn't find it on your site I'd be keen to support you.

Tecomec 038M kit. A little time with a dremel/file and it will fit a super

Probably just have to file the cylinder bolt holes out a bit for it to fit.;) probably not super simple may take a little time but definately not hard.

Back