South East Michigan Climber Needed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhuffnmu

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking for a climber in the South Eastern Part of Michigan. Must have experience. Alot of our work is removals. I need someone who will show up ready to work each day with a good work ethic and attitude. Willing to pay really good money for the right candidate.

I have posted my job openings in the Detroit Free Press and so far I have gotten one call from a climber and he never would answer his phone after I called him back the other climber didn't even have any gear what so ever. And I have had about 20 calls from guys that can climb but they do have gear such as gloves and gogles! And a few that have taken down some trees for their grandparents. Not to mention about 60 calls from unquallified people my add did say EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Joke.

I got a call from a real piece of work yesterday. Guy made me laugh my butt off. He called asking about the climbing position and I asked about his experience and he said he had no official experience. ADD states experienced only. Anyways, he goes on and on and I told him thanks but not thanks. Hang up then he calls back about 30 seconds later and says " you know what I was thinking" I say "what" he says" if you can do it I can do it" I said that is a nice way to look at some things but not this. He then says " I will bet you if you show me how to do it for a whole day then I can do whatever it is that you can do. I said if you are so sure then go to the bank pull out 10,000 and I will let you practice all day then we will see what you think. I told him if he was smart he would stay home and save his 10,000. He then went on to say how athletic he is and how hard could the job be. HE stated " all you have to do is wrap a rope around the THINGS and cut while you push them with your feet!" I started laughing. If I only had an audio tape of the calls I have been getting I could make money off of it for a comedy session.

Still no Luck from a qualified Climber. Where are they all at?

Latest posts

Back