Southern California GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part of Southern California we talking about here? For me California ends somewhere around Galt but I might make an exception for a good GTG.:)

hey im with you, but was thinking cal ended at sacto.... maybe you and i need to orginize a nor cal meet.

there we go, lets us real californians take this thread over lol, jk guys would love to come down there but cant deal with the traffic...... and the better half has been trying to get me down there to see her family for about 2 years now and i havent gone, if i went down there for a chainsaw anything she would use one of my saws to cut me into fish food :(

there we go, lets us real californians take this thread over lol, jk guys would love to come down there but cant deal with the traffic...... and the better half has been trying to get me down there to see her family for about 2 years now and i havent gone, if i went down there for a chainsaw anything she would use one of my saws to cut me into fish food :(

Play smart. Take her to the family thing, and join us for a few days so she can bond with the fam, then go pick her up..... :givebeer:

Play smart. Take her to the family thing, and join us for a few days so she can bond with the fam, then go pick her up..... :givebeer:

:agree2: Hey! We should make this a camping deal. Los Padres has it all!!!!!! Bring your dirt bikes, hunting guns, camping gear, saws, food and cervezas!!!!!!!

Bugger, just been on the Qantas site and it'll cost me over $2K return to fly out fella's, so you'll just have to carry on without me..... :cheers:

Spend 1K and stay!!! We have plenty of red box and yellow box to make you feel at home:cheers:

I might be able to deal with that. I get real jittery when I get too close to helL.A.

Jimmy Jam, go for it. It's not too bad of a drive for you.

:agree2: Hey! We should make this a camping deal. Los Padres has it all!!!!!! Bring your dirt bikes, hunting guns, camping gear, saws, food and cervezas!!!!!!!

Spend 1K and stay!!! We have plenty of red box and yellow box to make you feel at home:cheers:

Jimmy Jam, go for it. It's not too bad of a drive for you.
:givebeer:
The only toys I want to play with are chainsaws. Esp, the mysterious Dolmars and Shinnys which I have never seen nor touched.

Frazier Park is about 3 hours from me. This is a location where we can camp overnight in our tents/RVs, toss a thick hunk of red meat on the grill, and wash it down with adult beverages?
:agree2:
BTW, What is a red box and a yellow box? :confused:

Definite possibility

Hey guys, sorry I got to this kinda late--been away. Frazier Park is within easy reach for me so this is sounding good. Let's give it a try!

Frazier is an hour away from me, so that would work out just dandy. BTW I may have to change my sig I went to cut on the big log this morning and when you forget to bring bar oil you dont get too far..DOH!!

Biglog001.jpg

Biglog002.jpg

I figure Ive gotten 3 cords outta this beast so far I was so bummed when I realized what I did, good thing I filled my 3 saws first, I only got half a load.
I think the 394 needs a fresh clutch it hangs up a lot while the mac and 357 power thru. I filed the rakers and its freakin beast ! BTW the 357 is a little monster even stock and not broke in!

Last edited:
Hey All,
The So Cal GTG would be awesome...but the weather will be a factor.
Right now, with the high temps and low humidity the Los Padres Forest is CLOSED to FIREWOOD CUTTING :cry: :mad:

That will change, usually toward the end of the month. October could be a good bet, but we have to watch for the other end of the spectrum...winter snow! Most of the best firewood is accessable from good Forest Service roads, but if they close the roads due to winter snow conditions, it's back to: :cry: :mad:

In the next day or two I will scout for some timber and take some recon photos...there should be some nice Jeffery Pine in the 36" - 60" range.
I got a bunch of 24" - 36" already...until Smokey Bear shut me down (yeah...you guessed it: :cry: :mad:)

Hey, if worst-to-worst, maybe Henry G. will host us all at his giant Euc log!

Bounty Hunter

Glad to see Cali, aint just full of hippies and gangsters. Just some regular ol saw nuts, guess its a world wide disease.

Good luck with the GTG. A little to far of a drive for me. Make sure to get lots of pictures.

Cool pics Hank

Cool deal Henry. Those pics are gnarly.

Bounty, sounds like a deal.

For those of you that will be camping, Halfmoon is an awesome place or we could take over Dutchman:rockn::rock:

PM me if you need help BH.

We have to worry about the Santa Ana's too. But if we pick a good date and we're lucky, it's going to be a stout GTG I'ma reckoning. Especially if Jacob shows up and sits us all down at the fire:cheers: So I'm down anytime in October. I'm making myself free!

Later!

PS, ya'll making me work overtime. I'm going to finish modding the 6401. Can't show up with weak sauce!!!

Cool deal Henry. Those pics are gnarly.

Bounty, sounds like a deal.

For those of you that will be camping, Halfmoon is an awesome place or we could take over Dutchman:rockn::rock:

PM me if you need help BH.

We have to worry about the Santa Ana's too. But if we pick a good date and we're lucky, it's going to be a stout GTG I'ma reckoning. Especially if Jacob shows up and sits us all down at the fire:cheers: So I'm down anytime in October. I'm making myself free!

Later!

PS, ya'll making me work overtime. I'm going to finish modding the 6401. Can't show up with weak sauce!!!

Columbus Day weekend would be perfect.
:greenchainsaw:

Henry, forget the desert this one time if it's even remotely possible. Let's try to make this GTG happen. Our window will be closing soon enough like Bounty mentioned. If you feel like riding, there is Hungry Valley next door...

Latest posts

Back