Southwest Missouri charity cut, saturday the 2nd of Feb.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics from today.

One is me sending one down the hill.

The other should be titled "where do we put the wood"

I will post more pics, but have to study tonight.

Dan

Well? We'd a had another cord done, had I not hung that damn tree up in that other one...
Those were some sturdy branches...:msp_rolleyes:
It was good meeting you Dan... Impressive pile of wood there...

More pics,

Matt sending one down off the hill.

One of the loads ready for delivery.

Pulling another load out of the holler.

Thanks guys for the help, it was a fun day.

Dan

Dan, nice pics. That's pretty country you have down there, looks a lot like home, only it's further to the bottom of the hill, and you're missing some snow.

Tried to lay some rep on you guys, but I gotta give some to the less-deserving first.

Hope to meet you, Iowa and the rest of the Mozarkian gang this fall, I suspect I'll be seeing Matt again sooner than that.

Dan, nice pics. That's pretty country you have down there, looks a lot like home, only it's further to the bottom of the hill, and you're missing some snow.

Tried to lay some rep on you guys, but I gotta give some to the less-deserving first.

Hope to meet you, Iowa and the rest of the Mozarkian gang this fall, I suspect I'll be seeing Matt again sooner than that.

Dan probably knows what the degree of slope is there, but all I know, is it almost takes crawling on all 4's to get to the trees from the cut out path...
And if you send a round down hill, there better be someone to stop it, or it's going all the way to the bottom... Never to be seen again...
It was also nice to see Dan's old magnesium still pulling its weight in the wood biz...
They run and cut real well... :rock:

Cool good job guys:rock: I was able to spend the day hauling pecan out of the orchards with the help of a good friend. Boy did they do some triming this yr. Useing a 10lp big tex dump trailer and loading it about 2.5' higher than the sides (only had to go about 2-3 miles to my house) we would only go about ~50 yards down the the row before it was full:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup: was able to get 5 loads hauled that day, hope for more this week....

It was great meeting Dan and his family. Providing us with a place to cut and the wonderful hospitality!

We will have to do this again. My kids enjoyed helping out and they went to bed early. Lol.

Thanks!

You guys have some hard working kids thats for sure.

when we had the engineering study before building the house, it measured 28 degrees, and it gets steeper down the hill.

Dan

Last edited:
I really liked the custom vertical splitter of Iowa's... Very comfortable to run.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well? We'd a had another cord done, had I not hung that damn tree up in that other one...
Those were some sturdy branches...:msp_rolleyes:
It was good meeting you Dan... Impressive pile of wood there...

You know we did it all wrong. Instead of getting a strap and pulling it down, we should have taken a picture and posted a new thread with a title like "what would you do with this deadly tree". We would have surely got it down safely that way.:msp_smile:

Dan

You know we did it all wrong. Instead of getting a strap and pulling it down, we should have taken a picture and posted a new thread with a title like "what would you do with this deadly tree". We would have surely got it down safely that way.:msp_smile:

Dan

Extreme man.....
Extreme...
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
:rock:

More like common annoyance.....
:hmm3grin2orange:

More,

Pics are of Hedgerow, Iowa, one of our helpers, and I. Other Misc pics.

I am on the one post a day plan. Got to go quick before my hospital shift.

We got wood delivered to five families, It might not be all they need, but it will help, and it makes me feel good.

Dan

Good job on the charity work men. That looks like fun. What make is the vertical splitter? Looks like a dandy! Was in the single digits temp wise here this weekend and we have been getting a couple inches of light snow every night for the last few days. It will be nice to get into the woods again for sure.

Bub

Awesome job Guys!! We need to have one here in OHIO!!Nice splitter!!:clap::clap:

Good job on the charity work men. That looks like fun. What make is the vertical splitter? Looks like a dandy! Was in the single digits temp wise here this weekend and we have been getting a couple inches of light snow every night for the last few days. It will be nice to get into the woods again for sure.

Bub

As far as I know, Iowa (Brent) made it. But you will have to ask him.

Dan

Latest posts

Back