Sova gtg fall 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Igpoe and I have been talking about hosting a GTG this fall at his place. Just wanted to toss the idea out there and see who's interested. Location would be South Boston, VA. Let me know what you think.

Mitch,

I would be interested but it would be a 10 hour drive for me. I will be back in VA the 3rd weekend in September for Field Day of the Past and the Poulan GTG is normally at the beginning of October. With both my daughters playing volleyball my ability to be gone multiple weekends may be limited.

Gary

I might be able to make it. What is the zip code? The map is showing around 2 hours to get there.

A side note, the Somerset Steam and Gas show is the second weekend in September up in Orange County if you are looking to run some saws.

It is showing 2.5 hours now so that aint too bad. Might be able to get there faster if I take the old moon shiners route.:msp_thumbup: Keep me posted on dates so I can work it in.

IN! What can I do to help? I can start scrounging for some decent logs but can. Only haul one or two at the time unless I get my tandem axle trailer built soon...

Posting from my phone so please ignore grammar errors and typos.

IN! What can I do to help? I can start scrounging for some decent logs but can. Only haul one or two at the time unless I get my tandem axle trailer built soon...

Posting from my phone so please ignore grammar errors and typos.

I don't what you can do to help at the moment. I know we are going to have to eat. Dean's neighbor Gene has forklifts and a skid loader that we will be able to use to set up logs. I know its a long ways away but I just wanted to see who could come. I'm sure everyone can chip in one way or another.

I don't what you can do to help at the moment. I know we are going to have to eat. Dean's neighbor Gene has forklifts and a skid loader that we will be able to use to set up logs. I know its a long ways away but I just wanted to see who could come. I'm sure everyone can chip in one way or another.

I can bring some food stuff to help out like bacon or pie.:rock:

As long as o don't have to work that weekend I'm in ,the wife wants to come also , to see some other saw geeks :clap: I want to show her I ain't the only one. :msp_biggrin: Termite

Y'all wait on a bit before you start taking off from work and such 'cuz many problems have to be worked out such as WOOD. Just be thinking of the second Sat. in Oct.
For me that date is best, but I can retreat to early Sept. if needed. If any want to come from long distance there are several motels about and we could actually camp here or pull
trailers or even drive motorhomes in here.
Igpoe:cheers:

gtg

Count me in , i can help too , if you need me too , i have a 12 foot dump trailer !
I am not going to field days of the past , but will be at a logging expo on the 3rd weekend in sept. (same weekend as fielddays of the past) , not missing much there anyway as that show is crap !!!!!
So oct. sounds good for now!!

dave:msp_mellow:

Back