Specs/questions for 032av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
One of my $10 yardsale-landed saws is a very nice Stihl 032av. Now I'm wondering if anyone has the specs and performance on this thing. I'd guess about 3.5 CI, right? How about the age?

Also, is there supposed to be some kind of foam air cleaner element? All it has is this not-very-filtery-looking wire mesh box.

More like 3.0 c.i. I think, right about 50cc. A lot of Stihls had that mesh stuff. I just cleaned up an 028 with the same filter you describe.

You might want to go down to your local Stihl dealer and fork over $8-$10 for a new filter. My 038Magnum had a filter like that and when I replaced it, the new one was flocked. This provided better filtration for the tiny dust particles. I typically replace my filters once per year just as preventive maintenance.

Thanks for the help. Gee, it's smaller than I thought. Nice saw anyway. It came with a 20" roller tip bar--does this sound about right for such a little saw?

Back