Speeco 35t Splitter Fixed!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locust Cutter

Sawing for Sanity
Reaction score
Greetings all!
I just wanted to make a little post for all of the Speeco owners out there, to publicly thank Kevin Greer (kgreer) @ Speeco for promptly helping me get some needed parts to fix my otherwise wonderful splitter. If any of you have problems, I highly encourage you to look him up. I have never had as good of customer service, from anywhere or any one as I did him, (and no I'm not shilling for Speeco). He was truly helpful and the parts arrived promptly. I could not have asked for better treatment. Please, if any of you have problems (other than the crappy design of some of the Briggs motors) please get a hold of him first, before running the unit into the ground online. It was definitely worth it and my unit is back in action and running superbly now! Thanks Kevin!
-Bryan

I agree wholeheartedly--Kevin is the man!

And go ahead; shill for SpeeCo. I'm presently attempting to earn the title of Chief AS SpeeCo Shill ("Chief ASSS" for short), but BlueRidgeMark won't give up his SpeeCo hat. :laugh:

That's good info there... I hope It's a long time before I need his help though.:msp_biggrin: No offense.

I haven't needed to contact Kevin for my 35 ton Husky but have only read great things about him on this site.Hope Speeco know what a great asset they have.

This hasn't been your month... What all went wrong with your diesel?:dizzy:

It was broken when I bought it,... I just didn't realize the full extent of the problems, due to some clever magic tricks at the dealership, (and no KS does NOT do the lemon law thing for used vehicles),.... SO, I bought an '04 F-350 4x4 Lariat, that needs the heads/oil cooler/egr cooler redone (egr eliminated) the rear axle is leaking and the Pittman arm + the ball joints in the front, in addition to the A/c lines, the passenger side mirror, the e-brake cable and a tear in the seat.

I knew about the seat, a/c, mirror and e-brake. I didn't know about the rest, so I paid 14.5 for it w/155K on it. Due to some other un-expected financial opportunities, it's been a lawn ornament since last May, since I haven't had the $$$ to fix it. The rear-end is getting fixed currently and the front end will soon follow. the engine will cost me about $4500.00 (P&L) as I can do most of the work, but am not inclined to pull the heads w/the cab on and a friend w/a shop is making me a hell of a deal on the labor. Part of that money will also be go-faster upgrades, so hopefully I can squeeze about 4-5mpg more out of it, when I'm not dragging something,... Sound like fun yet?

It was broken when I bought it,... I just didn't realize the full extent of the problems, due to some clever magic tricks at the dealership, (and no KS does NOT do the lemon law thing for used vehicles),.... SO, I bought an '04 F-350 4x4 Lariat, that needs the heads/oil cooler/egr cooler redone (egr eliminated) the rear axle is leaking and the Pittman arm + the ball joints in the front, in addition to the A/c lines, the passenger side mirror, the e-brake cable and a tear in the seat.

I knew about the seat, a/c, mirror and e-brake. I didn't know about the rest, so I paid 14.5 for it w/155K on it. Due to some other un-expected financial opportunities, it's been a lawn ornament since last May, since I haven't had the $$$ to fix it. The rear-end is getting fixed currently and the front end will soon follow. the engine will cost me about $4500.00 (P&L) as I can do most of the work, but am not inclined to pull the heads w/the cab on and a friend w/a shop is making me a hell of a deal on the labor. Part of that money will also be go-faster upgrades, so hopefully I can squeeze about 4-5mpg more out of it, when I'm not dragging something,... Sound like fun yet?

Sorry about that... That sucks... Being an 04, I assume it's the 6.0 liter. Buggy, but impressive once you get all the issues lined out. The turbo on those tweet like a singing bird:D. I'm a Ford fan. It's all I've owned for the last 20 years...

Sorry about that... That sucks... Being an 04, I assume it's the 6.0 liter. Buggy, but impressive once you get all the issues lined out. The turbo on those tweet like a singing bird:D. I'm a Ford fan. It's all I've owned for the last 20 years...

Yep, it's the 6.OHHHH, :msp_scared: I figure once the bugs are out, it oughta flat haul. I've owned everything but Mopar, but I do like Ford Trucks, I just wish it was easier to work on the engines w/the cab on,.... Oh well. Eventually I'll get a Suncoast tranny for it, then I'll really have some fun. Now I'd just like to find somewhere between an '88 and 93" IDI 6.9 or 7.3 truck that's a 4-by manual,... That would make a great ranch/beater work truck. I know what you men about the turbo though, it is fun to hear it spool up on take-off, like a miniature jet engine going to mil-power!

Speeco 35t

Just put in service a brand-spankin new Speeco 35 that I purchased from Omni Mfg, a Speeco dlr. Props to member KC for the hook-up with Omni. Very smooth order process, timely shipping, good communication, and a GREAT price. Got it fri,but was in Big Bear for the weekend ( you all remember Valentine's day). Assembled it Mon, took a whole hour, damn!.. Since ran 4 cords through it of dry oak. Didn't even hiccup. The 4-way slip on wedge has already been modified so it stays on the fixed wedge, and eliminated that dumb little cable and replaced it with a hitch pin. Just took a little fab/welding and it works great. Speeco says that 4-way is for soft wood, but you get it to stay on during retract, it'll go through oak just fine if under about 12" dia. I love the beam design so far. Mine has the Briggs 1450 that starts as well as any Honda I own. 1 pull every time ( only ran it a day and a half so far, but very pleased) Again, thank You KC! I'll PM ya' latter Bro.

Absolutely!!! I'm just glad she's going to be up and running... Maybe by GTG?:monkey:

I wish, but not until the tax money comes in and we haven't even been able to file yet,.... LMAO. I'll probably drive my gas Superduty down, that or the Wife's Chebby that gets about 8mpg better on the highway than it does. I am going to try to bring most of my collection, but the MAC may not make it, as the recoil starter needs to be fixed, and somehow in moving to my new old farm house, the file for it's chain was lost, so I now have to figure out what pitch it is to find a suitable replacement and hopefully a few more chains. We'll see!

Just put in service a brand-spankin new Speeco 35 that I purchased from Omni Mfg, a Speeco dlr. Props to member KC for the hook-up with Omni. Very smooth order process, timely shipping, good communication, and a GREAT price. Got it fri,but was in Big Bear for the weekend ( you all remember Valentine's day). Assembled it Mon, took a whole hour, damn!.. Since ran 4 cords through it of dry oak. Didn't even hiccup. The 4-way slip on wedge has already been modified so it stays on the fixed wedge, and eliminated that dumb little cable and replaced it with a hitch pin. Just took a little fab/welding and it works great. Speeco says that 4-way is for soft wood, but you get it to stay on during retract, it'll go through oak just fine if under about 12" dia. I love the beam design so far. Mine has the Briggs 1450 that starts as well as any Honda I own. 1 pull every time ( only ran it a day and a half so far, but very pleased) Again, thank You KC! I'll PM ya' latter Bro.

Awesome deal! I love mine in big nasty Black Oak and Hedge! I thought about the S.S. but I don't think it would do so hot in the twisted grain and multitude of knots. I'd LOVE to have a Built Rite or a Timberwolf, but I'm not making enough $$$ or wood production yet, to be able to afford or justify either one of them. I think I'll be running my Speeco for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for The compliment from Rock @ OMNI MFG

Having customers like you makes being in business apleasure. Rock

Yep, it's the 6.OHHHH, :msp_scared: I figure once the bugs are out, it oughta flat haul. I've owned everything but Mopar, but I do like Ford Trucks, I just wish it was easier to work on the engines w/the cab on,.... Oh well. Eventually I'll get a Suncoast tranny for it, then I'll really have some fun. Now I'd just like to find somewhere between an '88 and 93" IDI 6.9 or 7.3 truck that's a 4-by manual,... That would make a great ranch/beater work truck. I know what you men about the turbo though, it is fun to hear it spool up on take-off, like a miniature jet engine going to mil-power!
Have your mechanic pull it, part it out, and swap in a Cummins. Good for another 900,000 miles.

Have your mechanic pull it, part it out, and swap in a Cummins. Good for another 900,000 miles.

Thought about it. I may do that later, but I'll keep the engine for now. Now when I get my beater diesel,... that may be a Dodge, or an older Chevy or Foed w/a Cummins swap. Still thinking about doing an '85-87 chevy with a 4bt as a budget beater.

Awesome! You probably got a smokin' deal from Rock and I'm glad I could help get you hooked up. Tell me about the four-way. I was thinking of getting one for all the huge pine I have to split up in the mountains. It might be overload for the huge oaks I have down here though.

For sure both Rock & Kevin @ Speeco have been extremely supportive. I think Omni should look into being a site sponsor! Wink-Wink

Back