SpeeCo splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rsquared

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Received a present today from my wife and kids. (she is now feeding the disease she says I have). Used it today for about half an hour and it seems to do everything it says it can. Any tips or advice from those of you guys in the know would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, R2

Congrats on the new splitter. If you tow it at all fab some kind of flag or stick to the rear so you know it's back there. Also an umbrella is nice on those sunny days and last but not least a bar bouy or something that holds 12oz. cans:cheers:

Get a side table

I have a 22 ton Speeco and like it very much. I would advise you to get a bolt on side table so you don't always have to reach down for the second half of the log. Don't get Speeco's table. I tried one and the holes did not match up and it sits at an angle so the half log slides back toward the splitter. I had a friend fabricate one for me or look on eBay. Enjoy!

I have a 22 ton Speeco and like it very much. I would advise you to get a bolt on side table so you don't always have to reach down for the second half of the log. Don't get Speeco's table. I tried one and the holes did not match up and it sits at an angle so the half log slides back toward the splitter. I had a friend fabricate one for me or look on eBay. Enjoy!

Easy, cheap, works great!

Congratulation ! Splitters are SO nice to have . I'm sure you'll get many hours of use out of it .
One minor thing .... Check all the fasteners for proper tightness once you've run it for a while .
ENJOY!

Congrats on the new Toy!!:rock:

As for tips and such.

Check all nuts and bolts for bieng loose the first couple times you run it. Especially the hose clamps and hard fittings on the hydro lines.
Check the hydro filter as well.
Check the wheel bearing preload. Often enough they are sloppy.

After running the thing for a couple hours, change over to a Synthetic oil.
Synthetics REALLY help with cold weather operation, and are cheap enough.

Plan on flat tires. Get the inner tubes now LOL!!
Not really Speecos fault. Those dinky road tires and wheels suck without tubes and always have.

If you plan on winter splitting, run with the tank at just above Min volume as it will warm up faster.
Summer operation, run a full hydro tank to shed more heat.

If you have ANY problems with the splitter, any at all, Call SPEECO first, and before dealing with anyone else period!
It will save you headaches, heartaches, fur pulling, and possibly restore your faith in customer service still existing.
The one thing Speeco does better than anyone is customer support.

Oh...and if you're splitting Walnut or other stuff that likes to load up and then "POP!", back up a couple inches and turn slightly away from the round.....or wear a cup. Just sayin'.;)

Have fun trying to wear it out!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back