Speed Line to Remove Hard Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchellmead9

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, I thought you guys would get a kick out of the first movie I've ever made and put online. If you have 6 minutes check it out. It was only the 2nd time I have ever used a speed line to remove work, but it went very well and unbelievably quick for the amount of work we got out.

Hard Maple Removal With Speed Line - YouTube

Now I just hope Metallica doesn't sue me broke:rock:.

Few things to point out, there was no control of the pieces you were letting fly, very erratic. Also your crazy to be shock loading the tree like you did with those 2 top pieces while you were in the tree. That tree looked pretty dead/rotten. Obviously the lawn was getting pretty wrecked there, I would of just roped it, and dropped the whole thing, why waste your time? Oh yeah get some wedges. Other then that, least you got it down and are still alive. Seriously though I am only looking out for you.

Last edited:
We didn't shock load the tree I was in, the line was run to a tree behind me. I had a couple wedges in in, it was just sitting so perfect that the wind probably would have blown it over, so instead of rappelling back over the bank I just pushed it. The lawn was not an issue, we did run a lot of the early pieces out slow with the other rope, but we decided to just let the work run since the lawn was not an issue.

We didn't shock load the tree I was in, the line was run to a tree behind me. I had a couple wedges in in, it was just sitting so perfect that the wind probably would have blown it over, so instead of rappelling back over the bank I just pushed it. The lawn was not an issue, we did run a lot of the early pieces out slow with the other rope, but we decided to just let the work run since the lawn was not an issue.

Ok it was hard to see that in the video than.

Back