Sperber Mill & 090av's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeB

Reaction score
Panther Mill & Stihl 090

I have been milling with my brother and his buddy for a few years now using their equipment. I just recently purchased a Sperber 50" with 090av's. I would like to get a smaller 36" to use with one of the 090's. Looking at the Panthermill 2 thought the extra weight might offset the powerhead a little better than a Granberd and I like the price. has anybody used this setup before? Any pros or cons to the Panthermill it will be all live edge slabbing will use the bansaw mill for lumber.

Last edited:
How is the "drive belt" on your sperber mill? Mine fell apart and I've had a heck of a time trying to find a replacement that fits correctly.

How is the "drive belt" on your sperber mill? Mine fell apart and I've had a heck of a time trying to find a replacement that fits correctly.

Mine is starting to fall apart also. I am going to take it to a shop here in town that does a lot of mechanical and robotic work hopefully they will come up with something. Seems like replacing it with a low profile chain and sprockets would be a better idea.

I have bought but not yet recieved a 56" panther mill, I'm going to put a 3120 on it with a 60" bar as soon as I can find a bar. Hoping it will be what the mfg promised!

I ended up with chain and sprockets, but had some spacing issues, still working out the kinks. Never found a belt that was the correct length.

Have you tried a industrial shop like motion industries? They have been able to get every belt I have ever needed in 1/2" increment lengths. Last year they got a 142 1/2" long b belt for me for an old allis hay rake. Ag o want some 200+ dollars and motion measured my old one and got me a gates belt for about 50$.

Back