spider lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys have you heard of this spider it's called platformbasket, it's made in Italy sold in canada and in the US, has a 60 FT working height 28 FT side reach 34 inch wide, need you input from some of you you can check out there site at http://www.nacellebasketcanada.com Duffer

I have tried this lift it look's pretty good.
Want to find out more on the is lift, there is a few guy's here that have spider's hopping to get some good inputs. Duffer

I will sent you a e mail, and you can get back to me. Hey Lxt, or John i know you two have talk about the different types of spider and we have talk about tow-able what do you guys think of the nifty lift SD, 50 on this lift, I have read a few threads but the only think i can see wrong is the width. ( height)price even here in Canada is pretty good, Duffer

Last edited:
Hey Guys I have rented the spider ( nacelle Basket) not sure i like working with a Basket. Trimming is not that easy with Basket. Did a 20 FT hedge Ceder was NICE TO DO THE TOP AND FOR SURE did save time will put some Pic, when i have A chance, The tracks leave marks need to put 1/2 plywood but will try a few models before i buy one, but having a jib is a must, On the model i tried i find the reach is not enough. The nifty lift SD 50 does not have a Jib what's it like working with out one? Duffer

Hey Duffer,

I went on that site and couldnt read the language and to be honest a 60ft spider lift is too short where Im at and 28ft side reach would place that machine too close to the tree requiring more lowering with machine under it. Dont look like it telescopes either.Having a 60ft spider is not the same as a 60ft bucket truck since a 60ft bucket truck goes over center you can park far enough from the tree. You need to go bigger with a spiderlift. My advice is to pay close attention to the working envelope charts on each co.'s site. They all differ!

Thanks John you are right the 60 fT is not enough and the side reach not to good. I have been thinking about the Nifty lift 70 FT, but not the same $$, also a wider but it was nice to do the hedge it did save some time. Do you put plywood down because if you don,t it turf the grass, Duffer

no we dont put down plywood. the 23gt puts only 7.1psi so there is no need for it. We lay mats on severe turns. Thats it. Id say if the machine put down 9+ psi it would require mats/plywood the entire length of the yard.

Thanks John working with a basket is a little hard some trees you can not get in , OH and yes John the boon is telescopic, The hydraulic lines in the back are not covered not to good , but i have rented for a week, but will only be using it two days, Ryan from spider said he has a 68 ft Model, what do you think ? Duffer

If you search my previous posts Ive touched on why a corner mounted basket is necessary. I have a two man basket on my spider but the width of it is actually slimmer than my altech bucket truck. Its not trhe size of the basket its how its mounted and if its rotatable.

not sure what 68ft model ryan has? I only know of a 60ft Teupen and the next size 76ft

A 68 footer might be the perfect compromise between the 60 ft (a bit on the short side) and the 75 footer. I like the fact that the 60 foot spider has a fairly short traveling length. It would be manageable in yards around here. If you put a third telescoping section on the lower boom, you'd probably have the perfect combo for tight access but reasonable side reach.... Just my 02. The 75 footer is what I need but the traveling length is just too long to access backyards here in suburban CA.

The unit that i am talking about is a track unit called TRP 21 (68) This is the sister of the Teupen spider, pretty nice unit, I will look at going to see this unit soon, Duffer:clap:

Last edited:
Any advise is required here anyone? We have the widest range of spider lifts in the market, with features that are made for you guys. Easy to carry, easy to repair, easy to operate. We have a landmark model for tree care, the 70-36AJ unit. We'll be present at TCI Expo in Hartford to demo one and will have a 61-36A in the showroom. Pay us a visit at booth #526. Thanks!

Hey Duffer,

I went on that site and couldnt read the language and to be honest a 60ft spider lift is too short where Im at and 28ft side reach would place that machine too close to the tree requiring more lowering with machine under it. Dont look like it telescopes either.Having a 60ft spider is not the same as a 60ft bucket truck since a 60ft bucket truck goes over center you can park far enough from the tree. You need to go bigger with a spiderlift. My advice is to pay close attention to the working envelope charts on each co.'s site. They all differ!
Please see specs of our Easy Lift 70-36AJ jere as well as a few tree trimming pictures.IPhone Pics 2012 007.jpg IPhone Pics 2012 009.jpg IPhone Pics 2012 010.jpg IPhone Pics 2012 016.jpg IPhone Pics 2012 023.jpg IPhone Pics 2012 035.jpg

Attachments

• 70-36AJ.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back