Split-top Ponderosa Pine, 55" DBH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerchBanger

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Found this picture while screwing around on the computer and thought I'd show it off. Taken two years ago. Brand-new MS 880 with about a 42" roller-tip bar. Cut near HWY 31. ODOT had to shut the road down. We cut about six trees that day with this being the largest. My buddy Marcus wanged down a few nice ones as well.

View attachment 213014

Found this picture while screwing around on the computer and thought I'd show it off. Taken two years ago. Brand-new MS 880 with about a 42" roller-tip bar. Cut near HWY 31. ODOT had to shut the road down. We cut about six trees that day with this being the largest. My buddy Marcus wanged down a few nice ones as well.

View attachment 213014

attachment.php

Nice pic, I like the smell of pine too.:smile2:

never dropped a big pond , tipped a but load of lodgepole they wouldn't let us touch the pond's . where was that one taken? i did my central or. cutting down in the little walker mt.

I killed a few tasty ones near the headwaters of the Feather, giant columns of wood with big ass limbs.
Ponderosas can be huge, they hold record, but the Sugars in general are larger.

Another high stumper, like someone I know.

I deserved that. I usuallY break guys balls for high-stumping However, in my own defense- it was a pretty nasty snag that forked about thirty feet up and wasn't going to be harvested. Also the highway was closed. That's why I went for comfort and speed over maximizing board footage.

I deserved that. I usuallY break guys balls for high-stumping However, in my own defense- it was a pretty nasty snag that forked about thirty feet up and wasn't going to be harvested. Also the highway was closed. That's why I went for comfort and speed over maximizing board footage.
Waist high that's how I cut em. Hard to look up when your'e on your'e knees on the ground. Easier on the back too. I think your'e stump was textbook under perfect my friend! I find it funny for today's high safety standard's, though timber production, and wood size is not the same. Just funny the timber industry would not want the safer practice. Forestry too, it amazes me how many guy's don't know what a Humboldt face is, I tell em to go do some reading it may save your'e life in the hill's. Waist high you can alway's look up, and around, and get out of harm's way a hell of alot faster. Your'e back will say thank's at the end of the day too.

Back