Splitter beam height

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I layed mine out I did so like this figure out where you can put you hands down flat and comfortably palms down or about belt buckle height I think mine is 32 or 36 cant remember and Im 6' tall

What is a good working height for the splitter I beam. Thinking about raising my Didier.

Two car ramps you probably already have,and a chunk of wood for the forward support. No welding required. Or stacked scrap lumber, staggered to pull it up on, adjust height by amount of wood. Any old scrap 2x6s maybe.

My Timberwolf is adjustable from right on the ground to well above my waist, :)

standard.jpg

SR

Between waist & elbow height while standing. Try setting a hunk of wood on a work table then build it up until it feels comfortable.

In my shop I have several work benches of different heights so I can work with a comfortable posture whether is is a small object or a large one. If I am working on the top, a lower work bench, the bottom, use a higher bench.

I'm pretty tall so my Huskee comes to just about where the PEN15 Club meets in the horizontal position. I've had to watch it on a split when the stored energy pops in the wood upon splitting. I've never nailed myself bad but my motor took a gook smack.

Latest posts

Back