Splitter Cycle Times

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichL

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know the cycle times for the Swisher 22 ton and 28 ton units? I am doing a comparison with the Huskee and Troy-Bilt before making the purchase.

Thanks

look at the pump size and cylinder size should be able to figure it out

+1.

From a practical standpoint, they're all about the same in real-world use, which is to say they're a touch slower than I'd prefer but not enough so to justify swapping an engine/pump unless/until the existing one craps out. If I were building from scratch, a 4.5" cylinder (3000psi), 22gpm pump, and an autocycle valve would be great fun, even for the small volume of splitting that I do.

I use both a TB and Swisher in out firewood operation. The TB is slooowww, like 18/19 seconds, it uses a 5hp honda and 11 gpm pump, the Swisher is twice the splitter the TB is, it is using a 16 gpm pump runs a cycle time of around 14 sec.

The wedge design on the swisher is also a much more efficient design. My Troy-Bilt is for sale and I'm going to go with a Super Split.
Take a hard look at the Swisher, I've found it to be an excellent machine, very capable of being used in a small commercial operation.
The Troy-Bilt is okay for a guy that splits wood for himself family and friends, mine has split way north of 240 cord and has blown one engine (covered under warranty) and it seems the second stage has stopped working in the pump (I've got to replace).

Latest posts

Back