Splitter parts deal.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This looked like a deal to me. What do you guys think? Local craigslist ad.

Wood Splitter Parts:

Vertical 6" beam with large foot welded on bottom
Sliding splitter head
Hand controls
Pump
3" X 24" cylinder
All parts are unused and ready for you to build your own heavy duty wood splitter.

5L95K25Ma3Kd3La3J3c8iec42117b4c6f160f.jpg

If you want fast cycles then the pump and the control body are everything. 3/4" valve body is key and 20+ gpm pump is also key. If you don't care about quick cycles than buy it if the price is right. The key to running a splitter is the operator and reading the wood. I've done some amazing things with a 22 and 28 ton units. I was told "it won't work and you'll break it." They held up just fine.

Depends on the price, that foot plate is on the weak side from the way it looks in the pic. Easily bent cylinder $200 , Valve $80 pump $125( apx) you are going to need a tank, return filter assembly, hoses, power assembly, and assortment of steel to finish easily another 3-400 dollars or more depending what you might have laying around. Satisfaction from making your own priceless.

It depends on the price. A 3" cylinder will run a little faster than a 4", but you won't get quite as much force with it. You'll still need other parts, but if you're looking for a project, that's most of the expensive stuff, other than hoses.

Well, I thought I copied and pasted the price in there too, but I guess not :dizzy: The fella wants $275 for all of it.

I already have a 30 ton splitter, but thought about making this an electric model to sit on the back porch, because the porch is about 6' off the ground.

Depends on the price, that foot plate is on the weak side from the way it looks in the pic. Easily bent cylinder $200 , Valve $80 pump $125( apx) you are going to need a tank, return filter assembly, hoses, power assembly, and assortment of steel to finish easily another 3-400 dollars or more depending what you might have laying around. Satisfaction from making your own priceless.

Yes at least $300 to $400. You will need an electric motor too. I think you could buy a running electric splitter for less, but there is the satisfaction of building your own. Offer him half and see what he says.

I really have too much going on to fool with it. I really wasn't inquiring for myself, but maybe someone else on here might be interested in some of the parts.

Back