Splitter update just in time for a wood delivery, PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just look for the middle-aged bald guy wearing a Billet Specialties hat, white socks, and black tennis shoes. Oh wait, that's half the crowd there, lol.

What this site really needs is a "don't like" button. :msp_mad:

Man, what a truck and trailer. That is a lot of wood.

One thing is, how do you pick the logs off the pile? And two things is how do you keep the whole stack from rolling. That would scare the bejesus out a me. That's a tall pile. I would pull one log and 10 tons of logs would come down.

Man, what a truck and trailer. That is a lot of wood.

One thing is, how do you pick the logs off the pile? And two things is how do you keep the whole stack from rolling. That would scare the bejesus out a me. That's a tall pile. I would pull one log and 10 tons of logs would come down.

The pile does like to shift around a bit. Its easiest to stand on the ground and roll logs down the end of the pile, they naturally find a home and quit shifting. Then you can walk up the pile a ways and cut your way back down. Clear the cut logs out of the way and repeat. I like to take my time and always keep a clear path out of the way of danger, no different then felling a tree.

Be nice...You would probably be walking next to him! Columbus is one of my favorite shows.

Every now and then, 'ol Shel needs to get taken down a notch or two and I'm just the guy to do it. :msp_wink:

I'll be at Columbus. Look for the silver Cobra inside the building with the commercial displays. I'll be hanging out there. Stop by and say hello.

Back