Splittin' Food

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Splitting Food. This thread is for splitting food. a term introduced first here on the AS by Vtrombly... he is a guy who hand splits all his firewood up in Michigan... has lots, and likes to also have a fire nearby going, as well. and a splitting food cooking grate... to cook his, what he calls... splitting food. so if you, too... like to CSS firewood and have some chow you cook up during splitting ops?... this is the tread for splitting food. all aspects invited from fire making to prep of the splitting food, to grate prep, set up and use... final fare, too. hot dogs to steak, fish... hobo packs... leftover warmers, anything... cooked on an open fire on splitting day is splitting food... but a gas grill, electric element, fry pan... it all can be for making splitting food on splitting day. Pictures? of course, pictures are welcome! encouraged... "show us your splitting food!"

sbk: and if I'm driving from cabin to home I eat a Big Mac.

lol... not sure if a drive thru Mickey D's... for a Big Mac... is splittin' food! but, I suppose if you say it is... well, who am I to disagree?... lol might be ok to call it lunch, or dinner or snack... but if it's not cooked over the splitting day's splitting chips fire... well... see my point?

now splitting up for the sauna... camp fire going... and fresh pike for lunch... oh yeah... splittin' food for sure, or fry pan on the sauna stove... perfect splittn' food...

but a big mac on way home? hmm... prob have to take that one to committee.... lol

Well I normally finish a good day of wood making with a birch beer and if I'm driving from cabin to home I eat a Big Mac. Otherwise something hearty like spaghetti or a couple of frozen pizzas.

>Well I normally finish a good day of wood making with a birch beer
hadn't thot about it, but definitely could be some good splittn' food! lol :givebeer: the splittin' food kind, please... :D

20160515_142626.jpg
It might be cold and flurrying out but that won't stop me from getting some splitting tea! Lol

View attachment 503272 It might be cold and flurrying out but that won't stop me from getting some splitting tea! Lol

good one! lol... next thing u will be selling us on is... fun. posting up splitting fun... lol ;)... doubt I will get much splitting done today... got my mowing finished, but I came in to the mud room... soaked to the bone! downpour! not ideal weather for a camp fire... lol

dang it all, anyways... there goes my chance to git after some splittin' food!, too... the burger meat is just thawed in refer now, too... dang it... ;)

Latest posts

Back