spools of chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattfr12

The Bulldog
Reaction score
any of you guys buying chain by the spool im going through enough of them that i think the cost is justified. what kind are you buying and having any luck with. wheres the best deal at and so on.

i need 2 spool
one for the 200t's
and on that will fit 361 362 440 441 460 and so on

any help is appriciated thanks.

any of you guys buying chain by the spool im going through enough of them that i think the cost is justified. what kind are you buying and having any luck with. wheres the best deal at and so on.

i need 2 spool
one for the 200t's
and on that will fit 361 362 440 441 460 and so on

any help is appriciated thanks.

I just order mine from Sherrill when I'm low. My old man puts them together for me in exchange for the few chains he uses off the spool. Never really paid attention to price. More about the convenience of whatever size chain I need available on a few minutes.

Go to your local Stihl dealer and get him to order whatever reel you need. My personal opinion is that the Stihl chains hold up longer than other makes, allthough they probably are more expencive. As for a reel for the 200's I've never bothered, as I only use them aloft in the trees and the chains last a long time. Besides the fact that the chains are short and cheap to buy.

Go to your local Stihl dealer and get him to order whatever reel you need. My personal opinion is that the Stihl chains hold up longer than other makes, allthough they probably are more expencive. As for a reel for the 200's I've never bothered, as I only use them aloft in the trees and the chains last a long time. Besides the fact that the chains are short and cheap to buy.

Exactly.

Latest posts

Back