Spruce 20' 8"x8"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy Billy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I posted on the logging form about my one man "Little logging" operation But once the wood is out of the woods I needed to make it usable. My friend Gary Stec came up with his wood-mizer to do some custom cutting for me. While the weather was great while I was cutting the trees down and hauling them out. It turned bad after. Gary's little boy was sick and it was cold and raining when sawed the wood up for me. Its great to have good friends

My friend Gary sawing a 20' long 8x8

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

Me and the cut and stacked wood.

IMG_0574.JPG

This was about a 1/4 of what I cut and hauled out of the woods. But it was all I needed for the entry way for the trailer. I want to build a 12'x20' deck with four 8"x8"x20' long beams under it. So I can move it around after I build it. It will have a 12'x16' building built on it too with a hallway going into the trailer.

I am going to screw and glue 2x8 treated lumber to the bottom of the beams where they will sit on the ground. Since I want to get it done this year ( know I shouldn't hurry but) I am going to put it together wet and hope for the best. I am also going to screw and gleu the 1.5" lumber for the deck too. Where the building will be on it I am going to put 1" blue dow bord then 3/4 tougue and groove plywood.

I hope to get the rest of the wood cut up this winter. I have some nice knotty red pine That I want to use for paneling inside the room.

This is some of the wood I cut two years ago. White Birch and Red Pine boards I am going to make a table top with the red pine. I also have a Lot of white cedar :D

IMG_0341.JPG

Thanks Woodshop. I am going to build it my self. It will bar type table 27" wide by 9' long against the wall from my kitchen into the utility room. I am not a woodworker but its something I want to learn. I would like to be able to build my own cabinets and furniture with a antique look but designed to just what I need instead of some off the self generic junk.

Billy

That was some quick cutting.Nice pictures! Sometimes it's better to build green as it can keep the boards from moving around while drying.Good luck with your building.:) Mark

Thanks Mark. I was going to go up to work on it tomorrow. But my cousin called last nite and said that there is over 2' of snow on the ground now. If the county plowed the seasonal road its 3/8 of a mile walk to where I have the tractor and dozer parked. If they didn't plow it as usual its over 1 3/4 mile to get up there. I'm staying home and keepin the fire going.

Thanks Tom Trees its a lot of fun there.

Billy

I didn't look at where your from, I have been out that way alot usually on my way to Cabelas!! Good to know good luck on your projects i'm sure you'll do a good job and it'll be way better than anything you can buy in the box stores!! Take care neighbor irishcountry

Back