Spruce logs... not sure what type tho

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungTreeGuy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
They look like norway spruce by the shape, growth pattern in the branches. But the bark don't match. Bark looks to shaggy. They are about 100 ft tall. Heard there not worth much but if I could get $100 a tree id be happy. Can make at least that of camp fire wood per tree. I can post pictures of the last tree standing for identifaction.

They are norway spurce. Guy I usually sell my logs to will buy anything but he's in the hospital with shingles. Sucks cause his lot is right around the corner from the job. Any idea what they would be worth?

Seems in line with the prices in the PDF I posted above. It is, surprising, though -- spruce is pretty good wood -- light, strong.

Ok so we came up with 2195 bf. Since the logs where pretty much clear wood for 30 feet he gave me better deal. $450 since the logs where so nice. Was trying to get a 100$ a tree for 8 trees. Ill post pictures when I get to a computer. Phone sucks.

Back