spurs hurting feet big time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I climb nearly every day and my feet are quickly getting fubared , I need to distribute the weight so its not concentrated on the one spot should i go with those metal pad things for the bottom to give a bigger surface area or maybe those boots just for spurs?

I use klein "true blue"spurs with the leather cuffs replaced with aluminum ones and im happy w them except that one problem.

whats the most practical and effective way to go

The Woodsman

Hey juliano~ i had the same problems with my spurs for the longest time< i use original buckinghams and have had them refurbished with new straps and pads, i sharpened the gaf once in twenty years~ recently i bought a pair of spur boots, one size to big for cooler weather! since i used the spur boots i have found a comfort zone well worth the investment in the boots. For sure bud, check them out you will be satisfied to have new comfort, then less distraction from pain in the spur region! :cheers:
The Woods were Redman so i called it Redwood.:chainsaw:

I climb nearly every day and my feet are quickly getting fubared , I need to distribute the weight so its not concentrated on the one spot should i go with those metal pad things for the bottom to give a bigger surface area or maybe those boots just for spurs?

I use klein "true blue"spurs with the leather cuffs replaced with aluminum ones and im happy w them except that one problem.

I am guessing you only do removals.
Jeff

Well I have been doing this for over 3 decades, and the first half of it was almost exclusively on spurs or working with guys on spurs (as I was foreman for many years). I have yet to see or know anybody who used the metal pads under boots.. but anybody who spent any amount of time on spurs did spend money on proper boots. They do work, and they are worth it, assuming you are using spurts a lot.

i been wearing the same pair of wesco's for years and thier still holding up great. the tread is all off the bottom and the arch is still strong enough to keep the pain out of the feet. a good pair of climbing boots are gonna cost around 300$.

i been wearing the same pair of wesco's for years and thier still holding up great. the tread is all off the bottom and the arch is still strong enough to keep the pain out of the feet. a good pair of climbing boots are gonna cost around 300$.

You can take them to a good boot maker and get them resoled if necessary.

ya i actually might do that the boots have held up well. new tread would help especially when the snow starts falling. like walking on racing slicks.

You can send your boots back to Wesco for a rebuild. They replace pretty much everything but the upper leather parts. Not too much cheaper than a new pair though but everyone seems to get sentimental about their boots, including me.:dizzy:

I'd spend over 8hrs. a day in spurs (yes only removals) and I know what you mean about aching feet. Invest in a good pair of boots (I have a pair of Viberg Linesman boots) http://www.workboot.com/lineman_boots/75_Lineman

Yes they are expensive, but your feet will thank you for it. What's your comfort worth????

Best $500 you'll ever spend in this biz. I know guys who have had theirs rebuild several times.

Some water buffalo gave his all so you could have comfy feet.

I'd spend over 8hrs. a day in spurs (yes only removals) and I know what you mean about aching feet. Invest in a good pair of boots (I have a pair of Viberg Linesman boots) http://www.workboot.com/lineman_boots/75_Lineman

Yes they are expensive, but your feet will thank you for it. What's your comfort worth????

Yes big bucks but worth every penny best boots I've ever worn!

As with all climbing gear,

spend the money for the good stuff or be miserable.this is not a gig for cheap skates unless you just like pain and being miserable.

I never understood why anyone would skimp on climbing gear.

You will never be get better or be safe and productive until you are comfortable.

One or the other

I used to work with a guy who gave me a good piece of advice once. We were talking about our boots and he said you should always buy the best boots and mattress you can afford. Because if you're not on one you're on the other. Made sense to me.

Go with the Vibergs-they are CSA approved unlike Wescos and you prolly need that rating given you are working in Canada. Royer also sells lineman boots as does Canada West-slightly less $$$$$ but not quite as robust a boot IMHO.

Latest posts

Back