Srt Rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started using a static rope for SRT. It does make a big difference, especially on long ascends. Even my blaze seems bouncy now compared to the static line. SRT is great but it not for every situation, if your strictly anything, you've already closed your mind to anything else. Using what works best for a giving situation is whats important. Being proficient in all Technics and knowing when to pull what out of the tool box is what makes a pro. Thats my opinion anyway.
That being said, I think in 20 years everyone will climb SRT.

Looking to invest in a new climbing line..........Anyone have any time in on Teufelberger Platinum?

That stuff is pricey as I recall.

If it's strictly an SRT rope. I'd go 10 or 11mm kernmantle. The NE KM-II is good rope. Sterling HTP is also good but gets a little mushy in the larger diameters. PMI max wear sheath classic wears like steel cable and has been a staple for cavers for almost 30 years, for good reason.

I'm used to skinny ropes though, coming from a rock climbing and SAR background.

i wish i'd of gotten 10mm over the 11mm. The 11mm KMII barely goes through my gri gri with out there being a lot of weight on it.

I guess I miss spoke.What I meant is when looking at a tree whether it be removal or deadwoodng ect I look at and plan my attack in srt. I enjoy climbing this way better and the ease of redirects to move around the tree saves me alot of time to keep production up. The rope im looking for would be used as my main climbing line 95% of the time.

Beastmaster...... what friction cord do you use on your KMII?

I use mechanical devices on it. Mostly a gri gri(just bought a gri gri 2) I'm a yo yo man.(why does that sound funny?) I use blaze for my day in day out rope, and I like Fly also. it doesn't have much stretch. That Teufelberger Platinum sounds like it might be nice but its sure expensive, don't know if it's that much better then blaze or fly.
I repelled down the KMII last week with an 8 plate. It was a little scary. Got moving pretty fast and it was hard to stop.

I use the same line and setup for almost every climb. HH with poison ivy. The only thing i chang is my termination point. Tip tie, base of tree, or to my bridge for drt.

I use the same line and setup for almost every climb. HH with poison ivy. The only thing i chang is my termination point. Tip tie, base of tree, or to my bridge for drt.

I have a hitch hiker and am trying to do a lot of research before I shell out over $200 for a rope. Right now I've just been practicing with some arborplex. This is my first time doing single rope. Just wondering if you've tried the kernmaster or new england static ropes? I've about narrowed it down to poison ivy or a static line. Just wondering what your opinion is.

Latest posts

Back