Stacking: The "red-headed stepchild" of firewood processing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right hands up. Now: are there any stackers around, who don't walk away from a recent stack job and LOOK BACK ? Be honest now.

Any stacker who sneaks a peek and and a snort of the pile from time to time, at all hours ?

It's The Woodpiles.

Yup...my hand's up...guilty.

Kevin

I hate stacking, I can never get nice neat stacks. I always end up with sloppy stacks like this
StackedFirewood.jpg

Wish I had the level ground and the room you do. Oh, and the oak, too! :cry:

Didn't start out as level.... I used to have to do my cutting and splitting up near the house and couldnt stand the mess. So I built a road down into the woods a bit, cleared a big area and leveled up a big spot. Now we shoot trap there, firewood, rifle range. Kind of my man spot

I dont mind stacking. Id rather it be stacked than not. I built a 15x30 lean too wood shed that is half empty now. I would post a pic but Im not smart enough to make it work..
I generally hook up my train (truck+16 ft trailer+logsplitter+dog)and go to the woods and dont come home till the trk and trailer are begging for mersy:chainsawguy: then stack it from pole to pole and ground to roof....

I don't mind stacking either, but it does take time. So I like to do it on a lazy day with a 6 or 12 pack. Having more than one person makes a hell of a difference too.

Hence the 12 pack? :confused:

(it used to only take me an 18 pack to get a cord.)

Most of what you get in stores is glucosamine HCL. What you want is glucosamine sulfate. Hard to find, but it does rebuild joint cartilage.

The Dr. Christopher's stuff is different - it promotes the body's healing abilities. The glucosamine supplies raw materials. For best results, use both.

Good luck to anybody that can take that stuff.. It gives me terrible night mares.. IT AINT'T WORTH IT TO ME.. I like my piecefull sleep......:givebeer::sword:

Just spent the morning tossing the last of last season's wood down the basement for stacking. Now it's on to the fresh stuff that needs splitting and stacking. Seven cords of it. I wished I liked stacking as much as I like cutting and splitting. :(

Wish those meds would get here, too. My elbow is a festival of pain right now. Ibuprofen, here I come! :help:

I like to stack early in the morning. I'll make noise cutting and splitting when everyone's up, but when I'm the only one up at 5:30am and of course want to be outside, I'll stack quietly and not wake anyone up.

I like to stack early in the morning. I'll make noise cutting and splitting when everyone's up, but when I'm the only one up at 5:30am and of course want to be outside, I'll stack quietly and not wake anyone up.

This is exactly what I do. I make it a point never to stack when I could be running the saw or splitter. :cheers:

Back