stacking wood on pallets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other side (with the grommets) is just draped over the other electrical conduit and weighted using small splits with hooks screwed into them. The weighting keeps it from getting blown around and sagging from snow.

It is like wooden wind chimes! I like it!

Save your money dude

Get some old used motor oil and coat the heck out of the wood bro. Works like a champ and it'll keep it from rotting for years. It's what we've always used on our old stake truck beds and they last forever...

:cheers: eh?

Pallets

The average FREE pallet is a disposable piece of junk, ie,. burnable, tho,.. that you are going to, fall threw, and will fail you, IF its been expoised to the elements,.Like some have said,. The hard wood pallets will last for years,.You will have to pay around 5-8 $ for the good ones, But they will last,.OR, get lucky and getem free,.I personaly dont think it matters how you stack your wood, If you have a rodent problem, they are going to be in the wood, E,J,

My woods on pallets and yes the critters moved in. The stuff is just far enough from the upper section of deck that its an awesome hunting stand. I have a lot of fun with the pellet rifle. Just like huntin deer I swear. Make the best of a situation. hehehe:givebeer:

The average FREE pallet is a disposable piece of junk, ie,. burnable, tho,.. that you are going to, fall threw, and will fail you, IF its been expoised to the elements,.Like some have said,. The hard wood pallets will last for years,.You will have to pay around 5-8 $ for the good ones, But they will last,.OR, get lucky and getem free,.I personaly dont think it matters how you stack your wood, If you have a rodent problem, they are going to be in the wood, E,J,
Yep, all true, and I stack my firewood on the cheapest of pallets. As I replenish the wood, I replenish the pallets, old pallets get burned in the outside fire pit as kindling for bonfire's my kids have. I can get pallets from numerous sources, and the best or any pallets I might buy have hay stacked on them inside the barn. Now the firewood is stacked outside on any free "junk" pallet, but it is always on a pallet never on the ground.
rodent problems,
The firewood processing area at our home is 200' behind the house.
In year passed I had field mice problems in the barns,
In the firewood stacks I've had mice, fox snakes, raccoons, and bunnies
wintering over in the firewood.
that's why it's 200' behind the house

Last edited:
Back