Started my splitter build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the late reply Jakers The tongue weight is right at 150 lbs. when I was building it I weighed everything so it would have tongue weight but near balanced. The axle is 6' wide and between the front jack wheel and the back support foot is 11' so it is very stable using the log lift. I put 600 lbs of steel on the lift and it didn't even grunt lol. I really like the 6 way a lot of the wood I am cutting is 16" diameter so it splits into 6 pieces really nicely. Having that wedge adjustable is great. I am building a straight 4 way also. The 6 way does work as a 4 way when all the way down and I can split an 8" round in 1/2 with it all the way up. The flow controls on the lift and wedge work perfect. So far I have only seen pressure to 1100 -1200 psi while splitting and only for a couple seconds. The starter wedge works better than I expected it alone usually has the round busted in half before it hits the main 15" wedge.

7c810ccb5dc06ab56fd45d6bc9ed3c45.jpg

Oil level and temp.
1b8e8e4d6e990d4e378c58b9e15a54ac.jpg

b10d57d883ebcfd56d848ed2c6fb85c7.jpg

a941285ee277984227bcd5d137de8344.jpg

Final assembly complete. Going to put hydraulic oil and fuel in tomorrow. I'm excited to go give it a try.

2f3545e85fc5d633372bf19289a76756.jpg

f96d0797aee1edea7a9811724c45786a.jpg

cf150c4a649f973e10335cb6d63e6c31.jpg

If all goes well I'll put some video up tomorrow. Thanks to all for the suggestions and help along the way. Thanks for all the compliments.
OMG!!! Super amazing biuld! I have gone through this whole thread and looked at all your progress. Very nice!

Alright Eric K...now let's see ya build a piano, LOL. Got to reading this thread from the beginning yesterday evening and couldn't stop reading till I finished it. Some of the best design, layout, fabricate and build I've seen...If I win the lottery, I know who I'm hunting down to build me a splitter, or anything else that needs to be fabricated for that matter...True craftsmanship and talent. Two thumbs up here!!

Alright Eric K...now let's see ya build a piano, LOL. Got to reading this thread from the beginning yesterday evening and couldn't stop reading till I finished it. Some of the best design, layout, fabricate and build I've seen...If I win the lottery, I know who I'm hunting down to build me a splitter, or anything else that needs to be fabricated for that matter...True craftsmanship and talent. Two thumbs up here!!
Lol, my thoughts exactly, take it from fabricator and machinist, our big downfall is over biulding things. Eric's splitter is the most expensive, time absorbed work of art I have ever seen!

Beautiful craftsmanship and machine! I'm awaiting a video or three. Very anxiously lol. Seriously that's a top notch machine and skills. You're damn good.

Back