Started out being a bad day....but Fiskars score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howard270

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Wife has the flu adn baby has it too. Not much sleep last night and after I fed the baby this morning she got sick all over the floor. Anyway, I left them here and took the 13 mile trip into town for church and to get some medicine for the wife afterwards.

Get out of church and thought, it's already a bad day why not get the meds at Wal-Mart cause it can't get much worse and maybe I will find a short Fiskars axe to replace the wooden one I broke this past week.

Get in there and the garden area has nothing but Christmas decorations, ask about an axe and was told "outside." Get outside and find a whole row of X7's for $24.97. But at the very back are a few with longer handles. Pull them out and it is two X25's and two X15's, I have not seen these in person as they were out at TSC when I got the X27 two weeks ago. No price anywhere.

Grab one of each and go to register. Manager said these don't have prices....we go back outside and she cannot find the price so she just writes down the price of a regular Wally world brand axe ($24.47), but me being the good guy I am:hmm3grin2orange: point out that one is used for splitting so it should cost the same as the 6 pound maul ($27.74).

She rang it up and away I went....then I remembered I had to go back and get medicine.

Here they are! And the baby feeling a little bit better!View attachment 255993
attachment.php

Wife has the flu adn baby has it too. Not much sleep last night and after I fed the baby this morning she got sick all over the floor. Anyway, I left them here and took the 13 mile trip into town for church and to get some medicine for the wife afterwards.

Get out of church and thought, it's already a bad day why not get the meds at Wal-Mart cause it can't get much worse and maybe I will find a short Fiskars axe to replace the wooden one I broke this past week.

Get in there and the garden area has nothing but Christmas decorations, ask about an axe and was told "outside." Get outside and find a whole row of X7's for $24.97. But at the very back are a few with longer handles. Pull them out and it is two X25's and two X15's, I have not seen these in person as they were out at TSC when I got the X27 two weeks ago. No price anywhere.

Grab one of each and go to register. Manager said these don't have prices....we go back outside and she cannot find the price so she just writes down the price of a regular Wally world brand axe ($24.47), but me being the good guy I am:hmm3grin2orange: point out that one is used for splitting so it should cost the same as the 6 pound maul ($27.74).

She rang it up and away I went....then I remembered I had to go back and get medicine.

Here they are! And the baby feeling a little bit better!View attachment 255993
attachment.php
Good score Ryan!! The short ones will work good pulling the rounds you cut with your new Dolmar out of your truck!!

That is a good price, my local wal mart got me for $39.95 on the X25, same price for the X15 also, havnt acquired the X15 yet.

Nice score!

I have three plus the brush hook. Missing the new x27 and the hatchet, but what I have serves me quite well. You are really going to like those Fiskars!

:cheers:

Nice set of toy---- err tools..... I have a Gerber hatchet that looks the same as those.. only the handle is much shorter then your X7.. I sure love those hatchets.. along with the longer one. :blob2:

Took both hatchets with me yesterday when I went to check some brush piles I had burned Saturday evening where I cut firewood. I figured I would try them for limbing to see how each worked. I like how the X7 works on the little green twigs, it is so light and agile. Then the X15 sure comes in handy with anything bigger around than my index finger.

I beleive they both have their place and will get used frequently. I got them all sharpened, oiled and hanging in the garage, ready for their next outing.

That's cool! Awesome deal on those axes, I bet you can't wait to try them out! :hmm3grin2orange:

Is this worthy of a "You suck!"? Just kidding, LOL, great price--I've had the X25 for couple of years and have the two short ones in the camp equipment. I'm getting interesed in the X27, but around here it's like no one ever heard of splitting firewood--can't find these at any close retailer! Had to order the X25 from Bailey's. I have found the occasional piece that the 25 wouldn't handle.

I put a real good edge on all of them last night. Well this evening I am filling a semi with seed wheat and brought the X25 with me to kill time while watching the auger.

I used it on some very well seasoned mesquite and it blew them apart. Even knocked a chunk off my cottonwood splitting stump. So I had to ease the ol guns out of overdrive before I knocked my new and sharp blade on a rock or my shin!

The rest split without using my force or effort on my part, just needed a little more than to drop it on them.

Latest posts

Back