Starting the Install of CB 6048

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefs584ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We are finally starting to see a few cool nights here in SE Iowa and it looks like I better get busy and get the new stove in. I bought the stove last spring to get in on the rebates and I think my local dealer is starting to get nervous about putting it in. I have told him there is no need to get in a hurry as There is no use installing it and starting the warranty while it sets non used during the summer.

I will be heating a 2800 square foot lodge style home as well as a 30x40 shop building.

The friend that helped me pour concrete this morning was a bit confused as to why I have such a thick pad. "9" thick with rebar every square foot", but I told him that I had to pay for 2 yards of concrete anyways, so I might as well sturdy things up a bit. I will attach pics when I get it figured out.

Will keep you all posted as this thing progresses. I am new to woodburning, so this site has been very helpful in me getting started into this game.

Only question is this: Why am I starting to look at woodsplitters and saws and such? Does this become an addiction? ;)

Last edited:
Here are the pics

Here are the pics of the install start. Unit will be approx 85 feet from the house and 85 feet from the shop. Will have the PEX delivered this week and will start burial at that time.

Pics

The mother of all slabs. 6' wide x 11.5 feet in length and 9" thick. Hope it doesn't break! ;)

They just fired a CB 6048 up today at my husbands parents house.
Finished up the plumbing and electric part this morning, and about
noonish, built the first fire in her. 393 gallons and just a bit ago, temp
was already at 130 from a start point of 63 degrees
They are heating a 2 story house that has poor insulation and needs a upgrade in windows. And 2 rooms in their small building up back
One run is 103 ft and the other is 125 ft.
They hope to see a big decrease in their fuel oil which was for hot water and heating the house. And hope to get the small propane tank gone, and a decrease in their electric bill from heating the 2 rooms in their other building.

I am curious about your warranty on your unit.
When we bought our unit, and then when Dad bought his, the CB dealer, did the warranty for us, as it had to be done within 3 days of purchase he told us. We got the full 25 yrs plus whatever months addition there was in this year. Our warranty already came back to us in the mail as a registered unit with them.

Latest posts

Back