State Won't Enforce 1919 Law Barring Some Tree Trimmers from Working in Connecticut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a slap in the face to CT arborists who are licensed, pay all the applicable fees, abide by the states arborist laws, are insured to work in CT, CT tree companies have to collect state sales tax also, are these out of state companies collecting the sales taxes ?

Thats a slap in the face to CT arborists who are licensed, pay all the applicable fees, abide by the states arborist laws, are insured to work in CT, CT tree companies have to collect state sales tax also, are these out of state companies collecting the sales taxes ?

How would they collect state taxes, or even submit it? To submit you need to have an account with state I would assume. Bit of a boondoggle, but guess the state is in a bit of a bind and wants to get stuff cleaned up. I just got back from TCIA Expo myself. Went to show, saw the damage, but left the work to the local workers. If I were going to work there, would likley have to work out some sort of sub-contract with local service (only way that makes sense to me). Gets work done, but also at least lets locals get a piece of it.

Latest posts

Back