Stens /GB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
attachment.php

Very interesting ....

I got the email, Guess if I'd check my emails I wouldn't have to ask.

I was planning on calling them to see what was up with the bars I was trying to order being NLA. It's all making sence now. I've got another dist. that carries GB. I might try to call them and see if they are still handleing GB.

I'm glad I stocked up on GB bars for my 268.

Crap.

Where's our Aussie connections?

Maybe it's just a business thing and not what we are fearing.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

What is Silver Streak? Did stens intend for silverstreak to replace GB?

A recent magazine ad said something like "the legend [of silverstreak] continues" --was the brand around before?

We have a Stens account but I never order anything from them. Reason being they don't offer anything I can't get elsewhere, for similar or better prices.

SilverStreak is an old name in the Lawn and Garden Aftermarket business
that was absorbed by Oregon, how Stens got their little mitts on the name
is a mystery, as it had a good reputation.

The Stens Silverstreak stuff is Chinese garbage.

GB quality has gone to hell lately, the last bars I saw from them were made in China and had very poor quality. It's a same because the real GB stuff was great.:cry:

There is no proof they are made in china.

I got 2 20'' titaniums a couple of months ago and have given them a flogging cutting about 150 ton of firewood and they are holding up fine.

I'm not very familiar with silver streak OPE parts, but I heard a story recently about a small restaraunt chain that was in trouble; their trademark rights ended up with an investment group, which failed as well.

Long story, but there are supposedly 4 entities fighting over the carcass, and none of them have quite enough legal power to force the others off the bones. In essence, nobody owns the trademark anymore, at least until the courts get done. And one of those entities, a group of former franchise holders, recognize that the longer that they hold off the better off they are.

Maybe nobody owns Silverstreak either.

I got 2 20'' Titaniums back in june and there was a couple of changes to my older ones.The oil hole was not at an angle but just a hole,the packaging has changed and art work is different.Doesn't say anywhere made in Australia or made in China.Anyway as i said i have given these bars hell cutting dry and green sugargum about 150 ton and i cant folt them, where ever they are made i am happy with them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I got 2 20'' Titaniums back in june and there was a couple of changes to my older ones.The oil hole was not at an angle but just a hole,the packaging has changed and art work is different.Doesn't say anywhere made in Australia or made in China.Anyway as i said i have given these bars hell cutting dry and green sugargum about 150 ton and i cant folt them, where ever they are made i am happy with them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

where do you get your gb bars from? i gonna be needing a couple new ones shortly and cant seem to put my hands on a decent dealer. all they wanna sell me is oregon

Latest posts

Back