stihl 009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
stihl 009 questions

if i bought a 009 stihl how hard is it to get the pistons and cylinders for it? and how much would you think they would cost if found new or used?

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same. I am guessing that you are looking at some of the 009's listed on fleabay? I know they catch some crap around here, but I know that I have read that they are pretty durable. I would like to have one for the small stuff around the house myself.

well i found one on craigslist in knoxville for 25 bucks. and it needs piston and cylinder and he has it dismantled and in a box with all the parts exsept the p&c. and i was woundering how hard it was to get parts for it

Pistons do not seem hard to find, I have not looked for a cylinder yet. I have found out that there are a bunch of different variations over the years and the gaskets seem to change for each one. I ended up having to make most of the gaskets for the one I just finished rebuilding. The cylinder gasket was the only one that fit properly.

oh ok i'll see if i can find the p&c and see if i can't get it running again and then might trade it for a diffrent saw or something

I have an P/C if you need it. New P, used C. Lemme know. ALso other stuff. 009 is actually a great little saw. Reed valve sound and torque in a small package. Is a LOT of fun to use with a 12" bar.

ok i'll see if i can get a hold of the guy that got it and see if he still got it for sale. and how much do you want for the p&c?

I just finished some repairs on a 009, I did some limbing with it while I had it, I thought it was a great little saw. I would like to have one myself.

well i take and post the ad because i don't need any more project saws for right now and i'll past this one by

he said every part is in the box only thing it needed is a p&c

are you looking for a cylinder
i have stihl 009 in parts
with good cylinder and piston
all the parts are there
$50 plus shipping

not me i just figured that i had to many saws to work on my self and decided to past this one on to someone else

Back