Stihl 010AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipRap

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
An elderly friend asked me to try and get his 010AV running for him. He hasn't started it many, many years. In the case I see the bill of sale, cost $199.95 back in October of 1980. He used it for some light yard work and then set it aside.

I've got it running pretty well, but the bar oil really streams out. Is there anyway to regulate the oil flow or at least slow it down some?

In case it matters, the owners manual states that some models come with a safety brake. This one does not, and the saw itself is all orange in color.

Thanks

An elderly friend asked me to try and get his 010AV running for him. He hasn't started it many, many years. In the case I see the bill of sale, cost $199.95 back in October of 1980. He used it for some light yard work and then set it aside.

I've got it running pretty well, but the bar oil really streams out. Is there anyway to regulate the oil flow or at least slow it down some?

In case it matters, the owners manual states that some models come with a safety brake. This one does not, and the saw itself is all orange in color.

Thanks

All I can think of is the oil filter has come off or there is a hole or split in the oil line.

Back