Stihl 020 Carburetor Options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winchester

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've got a few Stihl 020's here at the shop that I need carburetors for. All of the Stihl carburetors I've come across are NLA. The Stihl carbs are the Walbro (WA-1D, WA-86D, WT-15A). All of these are NLA. The only option I can seem to find is the Tillotson HU-7, these are on factory backorder until they have enough orders to justify making a batch. Now a Stihl dealer is telling me that a Zama C1Q-S32 will work for the Stihl 020, 020T & MS 200. I'm not so sure due to the fact that the Zama has a choke shaft & the 020 chokes through the air filter.

Anyways, what are you guys doing to remedy this? What carburetors are you all running on these or am I just a dummy for fooling with these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

I've also had no luck with 020 carbs, and don't know of a replacement either. Good luck with it.

I'm currently working with what I have. I'm experimenting with a combination 020/031 frankencarburetor to see if I can make it work. I'll keep everyone updated.

I'm hoping for a good replacement though. SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM MY JACKLEG CARBURETOR MANUFACTURING! But I'll do it if I have to:msp_wink:.

020 Carb options?

I also have a 020 that has carb problems. Any soloutions would be helpfull.

Seems like I'm haveing all kinds of carb problems lately.
Repaired a 024 with a wt 22 carb, and had all manner of problems with a 026 wt194.
Ordered out two K10 rebuild kits.
Fixed the wt 22 OK but come to find out the wt 194 has a short inlet needle and the kit has a long .
Is the K 20 kit the one with the short needle for the wt194?
If the wt 194 carb is bad, may have a roached inlet seat, what options do I have?
Putting a new $75 carb on a free saw doesn't make much sense.

It's not that I need these saws, I have 15 others, but a saw that does not run is just scrap metal...

FREDM
Always lookin to score a free load of wood or a chainsaw

I got lucky then on mine

IMAG0228_zps7c14e10a.jpg

The 020 AV had Tillotson HU-7 and 020 AVP has Walbro WT-15A and I'll I did was put a kit in them

I also got lucky on mine. ^^
But theres one thing trough - will the 020t spur drum floating rim fit 020av?
Cause its a bit worn and will need replacement. I dont care about bearing diameter mutch - can use brass or steel filling to make it fit. Perfect fit would be great trough.

I'm pretty sure I've got the solution to this issue. The Tillotson HU-7 came on some Stihl 020 saws that I've run across. I have literally had these little babies on backorder for three years, that's right THREE YEARS. They finally showed up. WHOO HOOO. Peep these jewels.

Attachments

• Tillotson HU-7-1.jpg
    Tillotson HU-7-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • Tillotson HU-7.jpg
    Tillotson HU-7.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 30
I've ordered a few extra of these carburetors. If anyone is working on an old Stihl 020 just let me know. I'll be happy to help. Just shoot me a PM.

Do they bolt right up, or require some mods? What sort of $ ballpark are those carbs in? Thanks!

I am hunting for a 020t carb and cant seem to find one. The one on it looks to be a wt-326c or d its hard to make out the number but it does not have a the High side adjustment. All the replacement carbs seem to have what I think they call a snorkel which mine does not. I guess I can always make one of those work but they are also 75 dollars and I am already way over budget on this saw.

Latest posts

Back