Stihl 020AVS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found this little gem at the local dump last year and threw it on a shelf. Decided to take a look see tonite. The good: looks like the 35cc "Super" to me, has a perfect piston/rings and jug and a spark that jumped a 1/4" to the cylinder head. The not so good: Needs a muffler, air filter and there is some epoxy on the bottom of the tank (doesn't leak though), also, there is no chain brake assembly. Is it worth the E-Bay effort for parts or does anyone have a muffler they'ed part with? I couldn't check compression because I haven't installed a rope but it had quite a little pop when I turned the clutch with a cordless drill.

stihlmac00000.jpg

stihlmac00001.jpg

stihlmac00002.jpg

While I am snappng pics, check out the older Mac PowerMac 6 that I just finished cleaning up and runs perfect :clap: (again from the dump):

stihlmac00003.jpg

stihlmac00004.jpg

I haven't measured the bore or anything but I am fairly positive that tag says "SUPER" so I am assuming. Let me know what you want for the muffler.

Latest posts

Back