Stihl 020t questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly does justify buying a cheap one if he is not sure how it will work out with the scored cyl. Why wreck a 35.00 piston in checking if it will work out ? Once he sees it has good compression and it runs fine then if you are so inclined put a better one in. I think you will find the Farmertech with Caber rings quite adequate.
If the stihl dealer is charging list price the 11290302002 piston is $24 or $16 farmertec piston plus $6 each for caber rings.

Got this saw new and cause it had the worst reviews of all top handle saws. I use it in tree out of the tree and everywhere. I'm not afraid to run it in big wood. Makes lots of torque unlike the 201. It's not a pis rev machine wish it didn't have a rev limiter

what is the part number your looking for? The P&C prices came down last year but they sure didnt lower the price of the A/V mounts for the 200T, they are still $18 each. The 261 and 362 cylinder kits are down to $230 or so IIRC. I used to stock a couple of each of the 261/362 cylinders till they dropped the price and i got burned. now i only stock 1 362 kit.

just looked it up and the 362 cylinder kit is $235.

its one i normally stock but let inventory slide since winter months are kinda slow on trimmers/hedge trimmers.

Well how much is one? I can wait a couple months if i have to.

Mine says c1q s42a do they swap?

The carb you asked about it $50 but the carb i listed is a direct replacement and half price. win, win. I told my stihl dealer to add a few to my next order. check your local guy for that part number i gave you....i have no problem getting people stihl parts and i keep a fair selection of them on hand but i cant sell them for stihl list...i tack on 10-15% so that i can put a few bucks in my pocket. In the case of that carb it will be $28 from me vs $24 from a local stihl dealer that is charging list price. Half the stihl dealers around me are adding as much as 25% to list price and i am sure that is not uncommon so for some i may actually be cheaper than buying local.

Back