Stihl 020T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any info on where to get a reasonable priced cylinder piston and rings for a 020T. I scored the cylinder on it last fall and looking for options. I niticed that baileys doesnt carrie the kits for these.

jason

it's going to be the dealer on that one.

a couple people here are dealers.they may be able to help.

check your fuel line and carb.there is a reason you ruined what you had.

dealer

I was hoping that imight get it somewhere other then the dealer. It was my own fault I knew that it needed new rings but I didnt have the time to replace them.

I will have to keepan eye on e-bay but i hate to buy there. Like foredst gump says ya never know what your gonna get.

jason

You have no choice but to buy OEM, but they will last 2500++ hours so it's money well spent. Are you sure your cylinder can't be saved? I've never had to replace an 020T or 200T cylinder, but have done many pistons...

cylinder

Im trying the acid method right now and I will hone it lightly and try to put a new piston and rings and see what I get with that first.

Thanks Ultra I was wondering if the 200t would fit on the 020. I wonder if it will fit with a little modification

Im trying the acid method right now and I will hone it lightly and try to put a new piston and rings and see what I get with that first.

Thanks Ultra I was wondering if the 200t would fit on the 020. I wonder if it will fit with a little modification

Three different models

old 020 metal tank's

020T

200T

Cylinders cant be swapped between models...... Pistons on 020T and 200T can

Last edited:
cylinder

Yikes, plus freight looking at $700 give or take.

Back