Stihl 025 carb probs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiefirewood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a stihl 025 with a wt 215 carb i cannot get it to stay running it will fire fro about a sec and wont stay and does this everytime i have put a rebiuld kit in the carb i soaked it overnight before i did i have blown it out several times replaced the fuiel filter but alas none the better am i missing anything?

Impulse line hooked up? It will do that with no impulse.

all it has for an impulse line is a small line with 2 grub screws in it im not 100% sure this is correct but it is what i had on it when i got it used

No... that's the tank vent...

The impulse connects up under the handle near the carb.

Last edited:
If the impulse line is disconnected, it wouldn't even fire. I would suspect a bad fuel or impulse line...maybe low compression.

More or less the impulse line is a pain to do. But nothing that you couldnt do. It is connected to the backside of where the carb mounts. It doesnt go to the carb itself. The little hole in the rubber intake boot is the impulse port.:)

That's why you get a face full of gas when pulling of the fuel hose... Worse on newer saws that have a one-way vent...

ok thanks for all the info i replaced the impulse line and got it running but now it will not idle it will run great opens up good and everything but just wont idle unless the idle is set way high ive adjusted and readjusted and re readjusted any ideas?

nope ive adjusted all scews and got it running great but wont idle ive rebuilt the carb to all specs cleaned it several times blew it out

Ive heard of some carbs having a check valve. I wonder if you messed it up. Did you blow air hard though passages. I only use light air pressure and dont hold nozzle that close to carb. Or you have another problem. Im sorry Im not more help:)

i just used canned air so it doesnt have to much pressure i think im going to take the carb off my 210 and put it on and see how it runs

Latest posts

Back