Stihl 025 Fixed Carb Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taddat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an 025 with a fixed H jet Carb. According to the service book it says - -

"This carburetor has a fixed jet in place of the high speed adjusting screw (H screw). Maximum engine speed is preset and no longer adjustable. It is only possible to correct idling speed within certain limits. The carburetor guarantees and optimum fuel-air mixture in all operating conditions."

The saw sounds lean - very lean when running. It is running almost 15,000 rpm by tach. The specs for this saw are 13,000 for saws w/ the adjustable carb. I'm going to vac test it to rule out and air leak. Is there any way to make the saw run richer without replacing the carb?

Replace the cracked fuel line first, and rebuild the carb next. Never try to adjust out a running problem.

I have an 025 with a fixed H jet Carb. According to the service book it says - -

"This carburetor has a fixed jet in place of the high speed adjusting screw (H screw). Maximum engine speed is preset and no longer adjustable. It is only possible to correct idling speed within certain limits. The carburetor guarantees and optimum fuel-air mixture in all operating conditions."

The saw sounds lean - very lean when running. It is running almost 15,000 rpm by tach. The specs for this saw are 13,000 for saws w/ the adjustable carb. I'm going to vac test it to rule out and air leak. Is there any way to make the saw run richer without replacing the carb?

The fully adjustable carb WT-215 is under 35$.
The part number is 1123 120 0605

Thanks again

You guys Rock :rock:

I got the saw cheap but I'm guessing it has been sitting on a shelf for a few years.

Fuel line cracked =yes ($10)
Carb on order = yes ($25)

Thanks again for the help

My 025 will four stroke if you let up on the cut. So there is no need for the adjustable carb on it.

If you are going to put in the WT-215 carb with two needles, you need the three hole grommet to fit in the cover so you can adjust it?

three hole grommet part number 1123 123 7500

There should be a pdf file below that give all the 025 numbers for the carb change?

If you buy the adjustable carb., you can just drill out the grommet for access to the high speed adjustment. Or, you can buy the new grommet like w8ye said.

The two hole grommet has the third hole in the back side. You can punch it through from the back with your needle valve screw driver. After punching it through, I reamed the entrance from the outside with a #2 Phillips screw driver to make it look like the low side.

Latest posts

Back