Stihl 026 porting query...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
I still own a MS260. The only things I have done to it is delete the base gasket, trim the chole thinner, advance the timing and and do a muffler mod. It works OK, but is no race saw. However, it is light, compact and stone reliable.
In the past I had MS 260's by several builders along with a pair of EHP 346's. The 346's would run circles around the 260's with ease.
Quad transfers.:)

NickC

NickC

ArboristSite Member
Polishing turds...?

I've got a saw that needs a cylinder, the machinery, tools, ability and what's left of an enquiring mind so I thought I'd have a go at making it what it could be. Not interested in race saws or wasting fuel cutting disks against a clock.

As long as it's noticeably stronger than stock I'm happy, I don't want a saw that has been pushed to the limits as I'll be constantly thinking did I go too far and waiting for it to go bang... And I certainly don't want a Husqvarna....:)

I've had another go at the transfers, gonna run it then advance the timing. Then call her done....... Honest.

Thanks guys.

bwalker
Polishing turds...?

I've got a saw that needs a cylinder, the machinery, tools, ability and what's left of an enquiring mind so I thought I'd have a go at making it what it could be. Not interested in race saws or wasting fuel cutting disks against a clock.

As long as it's noticeably stronger than stock I'm happy, I don't want a saw that has been pushed to the limits as I'll be constantly thinking did I go too far and waiting for it to go bang... And I certainly don't want a Husqvarna....:)

I've had another go at the transfers, gonna run it then advance the timing. Then call her done....... Honest.

Thanks guys.
Performance wise the 026/260's are turds. If you want to have fun go for it. Just temper your expectations accordingly.

Latest posts