stihl 031AV picture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep us updated on your 031, almost everyone that has owned one just loves them. I know I love mine and it wouldn't be leaving my side anytime soon. There is a large amount of info on here about the 031, but I don't think you will have much trouble with it.

stihl 031

i put my 031 in the shop for a tune up and the SOB decided my carb was junk so he threw it away and told me he was getting me a new one for only $120.00 installed, well he must have got the tillotson because next month he told me my saw wouldnt start even with a brand new carb.
but wait mister salesman wanting to charge me for a new saw, it was running when i brought into your shop.
well he replies ill credit you the repair charges on a new saw.
oh yeah go #$%^ yourself my saw was running when i brought it to your shop.
i replaced the carb myself with a brand new walbro w2-c $65.00
didnt ship with a necessary clip to hold the throttle linkage but i can get the clip anywhere
also had to replace the impulse tube because i wrecked the old one during reassembly, damn fat fingers
i did buy an MS 280 farm boss from another dealer though and that saw better last my family 30 + years just like the 031 has.
never go to a dealer that doesnt have the factory trained mechanic, who knows what it means to burp the stihl during the cold start

never go to a dealer that doesnt have the factory trained mechanic, who knows what it means to burp the stihl during the cold start

He may have been talking about pulling the saw on full choke unitl it "pops".

Etiher way sounds like you got the run around.:dizzy:

Back