STIHL 032 AV- looking for ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soobie99

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Newbie user here...
Did some light searching and came up with zero answers. I need to purchase a good/working used coil for my fathers 032 av. I've had no luck on ebay or general google searching. Can someone point me in the correct direction please. I would hate to toss the saw because of the dealers $375 "new" part price.

Thanks!!

Newbie user here...
Did some light searching and came up with zero answers. I need to purchase a good/working used coil for my fathers 032 av. I've had no luck on ebay or general google searching. Can someone point me in the correct direction please. I would hate to toss the saw because of the dealers $375 "new" part price.

Thanks!!

Good luck!
A friend of mine had the same issue with an 031AV, I sold him my MS-290 because there more rare than Hen's teeth!:laugh:
Sometimes things are out of production, time to move on to something new.

I believe you can toss a -1300 coil on there from most modern Stihls. They can usually be had for less than $40 if you buy the rest of a crapo parts saw with them. The new coil is electronic too, so no points to fiddle with.

DO NOT TOSS IT! If nothing else set it aside for a future project. Most often times it is the condensor/capacitor that fails and not the coil, still more expensive than it should be as they are hard to find now. If it is a condensor issue new inexpensive capacitors can be made to work with a small amount of tinkering, check this out:

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=123190&highlight=

I believe you can toss a -1300 coil on there from most modern Stihls. They can usually be had for less than $40 if you buy the rest of a crapo parts saw with them. The new coil is electronic too, so no points to fiddle with.

can anyone else confirm this part works as a solid replacement?

can anyone else confirm this part works as a solid replacement?

No, sorry.

attachment.php

Here is a pic of an 032 next to a MS290.

The 400-1300 coil will not work on the model! oem coils are hard to find! Try chainsawr.com. Scott may be able to help you out. May be best to buy something newer that this model as parts are getting hard to come buy

DO NOT TOSS IT!

Ditto! I would never say toss a saw, but it may just become a wall dweller for your looking pleasure! Not ideal I know, but if there is no way to fix it, what choice do you have?
Might as well be able to enjoy it while it's idle?:confused:

Ebay is stuffed full of coils for every model besides the 032... so very sad. I dont know what to do.. its a good saw and has been in the family for a few decades since new. Guess i'll have to invest in "parts saws"

Soobie

Go to the top and hit the search function... in that search field type in Atom or Nova.

Let us know what it says...... They are cheap and work.

Ship the powerhead to me, If I don't have a good used Shindaiwa module,
I will pop on an aftermarket ignition and get her goin' cheap for ya.

Mine is cheaper, but it still won't work!!!!!

Fish- so how cheap are we talking here? I also have a 017 that recently started having issues too. It starts when cold, runs a bit doesnt seem to have full power and when i shut it off it will not start back up even with a shot of starting fluid. So maybe i'll have two saws for you?

stihl 032 ATOM conversion

:DI have converted two 032's over with bad points/condenser setup. Go to http://www.bantasaw.com/catalog/browse.asp?i=199. Use the brown ATOM, just follow directions on package. Easy swap out, don't mount ATOM under flywheel. Mount ATOM near coil or P.M. me if you need any help. Use the yellow ATOM for swapping out a bad electronic trigger assembly.
Hope this helps,
Brad

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back