• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 034 super project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rushinrio12

rushinrio12

ArboristSite Operative
I've got one on the bench now getting crank seals, but I think I'll keep it. They are a great saw. Definitely worthy of your intrigue. It's a tad on the small side compared to the rest of your fleet, though!:baba:
Good luck finding one!

rushinrio12

rushinrio12

ArboristSite Operative
I think the 026 still has a better power-to-weight ratio than the 024 Super. Obviously you are a man who values a good power-to-weight ratio. I see the 372xp at the top of your list. I almost had one of those for real cheap, but the deal fell through. I can't wait to find one and put it through its paces. :chainsaw:

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I have a 034 or 34S I do not remember. I will be running it this afternoon. I have a 036 that will need a good cleaning. I have a couple 026's. If you are interested let me know

rushinrio12

rushinrio12

ArboristSite Operative
I tell you what, I'm basically a Stihl man but the 372 is a winner in my book. The older I get the more I appreciate lighter, powerful saws and light guidebars! Lol.

How about this for a light, powerful saw?
IMG_1295.jpg
Sears/Roper Sportster Lightweight 917.351090. The one in the picture has the 17" bar, but mine has the 21" bar. Both are 60cc. IIRC, I set it on my scale dry but fully dressed and it came in at 12.5 lbs. My 025 wet with 14" bar weighs the same. I'm sure it isn't as powerful as a modern 60cc saw, but it is vintage, and that makes up for a lot. The spark plug is broken off, but with a new plug and carb kit, it should be a fun toy.

rushinrio12

rushinrio12

ArboristSite Operative
I have the 024S, and to be fair I've not run an 026, only an MS260, but I find the 024 Super to be more powerful. More torque.
Still want an 026 though :D
The 024 super probably would have more torque since it has a longer stroke. I guess I would have to run it back-to-back with an 026 to figure out which I like better. I usually lean toward a saw with more torque, so it would be an interesting test. Oh, great. Now I need more wood to cut. What a burden! :cool:

tychoseven

tychoseven

Dirt Dog
The 024 super probably would have more torque since it has a longer stroke. I guess I would have to run it back-to-back with an 026 to figure out which I like better. I usually lean toward a saw with more torque, so it would be an interesting test. Oh, great. Now I need more wood to cut. What a burden! :cool:

The 024 Super is my favorite saw. I bought a non-running 024S for parts, but now I'm rebuilding it instead :crazy:

Latest posts