• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 036. $300 PHO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homemade

Certified Chainsaw Tester
Reaction score
036 that was previously owned by highway Dept. Bought it as a parts saw, put it back together in hopes of a backup saw but I need the cash more. I put a new fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter, clutch, chain break handle, impulse line, intake boot, spark plug, and a carb kit. Basically replaced all worn or broken parts. I’ve run about 1/2 gal of mix threw it and it still has plenty of power. I did a muffler mod to it also. The air filter cover has a small crack in it, but is cosmetic only.
0ac158c6be572ddd3442e51088b68652.jpg
e9cb3801815abd5d4861fe174396b95e.jpg
$300 PHO
8cabdd088fada660d97bf032b10f84eb.jpg
14a307e2ab4df7b406989151edccef13.jpg
c88ec4335eba88fdf7bda424b485261b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chain brake works as it should. The handle is new but aftermarket. My compression tester is a cheap harbor freight model, and I can’t get past 70psi on any of my saws, so I don’t trust it.

I’m installing a new oem clutch because the aftermarket one broke a spring after a few tankfuls. Also new whit plastic chain guides, metal bar plate. I’m also changing the oil pump control bolt and o-rings. The stop was ground off and it leaked. All new oem parts.

The aftermarket parts are as follows:
Air filter
Chain brake handle
Impulse line
Intake boot
Flywheel side crank seal
Fuel tank (the choke control shaft is oem but the throttle trigger and operator presence switch is aftermarket)

Oem parts that I replaced:
Oil pump control bolt and o-rings
Clutch
White plastic chain guides
Metal bar plate

It has a new spark plug, it’s a Bosch, whether it’s oem or am I’m not sure. I pretty sure that’s what the dealer sells anyways.

I don’t have a gauge to check actual compression

Cash, money order, or PayPal. I can get you shipping prices once I get home. Can you pm me an address so get a quote for shipping.

Back