Stihl 036 pro won't oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can oil resistant fuel line work for oil line that goes up to bar plate?

Contrary to other posts, yes. Many types of petroleum resistant hose will work just fine for this application provided the spring is inserted. Some will work better than others. I'd go with one of the Stihl 'R' series hose types (fuel, vent, impulse line) myself and recommend staying clear of the cheapie fake Tygon yellow fuel line.

If you want to struggle with the OEM kit, the part number is 1124-007-1010 and is $6.99 from an honest dealer.

Contrary to other posts, yes. Many types of petroleum resistant hose will work just fine for this application provided the spring is inserted. Some will work better than others. I'd go with one of the Stihl 'R' series hose types (fuel, vent, impulse line) myself and recommend staying clear of the cheapie fake Tygon yellow fuel line.

If you want to struggle with the OEM kit, the part number is 1124-007-1010 and is $6.99 from an honest dealer.
I don't use the factory hose on my own saws when one needs replacing. I do reuse all the bits and a wire tie on the line that was recommended by someone else. It increases volume on the 084 assembly. Doubt it matters much on the other models.

Latest posts

Back