Stihl 036 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShingletownJ

Reaction score
My friend has a stihl 036 pro it runs great but I'm unsure if the price he is asking is too much. He wants $400 for it is that too much or is he crazy.

not an outrageous price at all for a beast of a saw, especially from someone you know. A new MS362 is $750+

Clean and healthy with a good bar and chain..thats a good price.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

To me that's a bit high for that saw unless it's in extra nice condition. Not way off base, but for an average saw, I'd probably offer him $300, and maybe go up to $350 if it's all OEM, clean, has good compression, and a nice Stihl bar on it.

I've got two 036. My favorite firewood saws.

First one I bought used >20 years ago paid $150. I have put in: clutch upgrade kit, new 20" ES bar, chains, chain tensioner, clutch rims. That's it. P/C still looks great through exhaust.

The second one I got free, owner had seized it. I salvaged the cylinder, put in OEM piston/rings, seals, clutch upgrade, impulse/fuel/oil lines, carb kit, upper rod bearing, spark plug, new ES bar/RS chain. Have about $230 into in in parts, but it's real nice. For some reason the original owner had a 28" ES bar on it. I redid the rails and that is for my 056/064/066 saws.

I'd have wanted $400 for that one after the rebuild. It's sort of my backup for my first/other 036. I have a spare NOS OEM piston and a good used OEM cylinder as parts backups for either.

So $400 is not out of line for used 036 if it's nice and all OEM parts

freebee036.jpgfreebee036a.jpgCaddilac out of a sows ear.jpeg

Around here that price would be right in the ballpark, for a clean and cared for example, with a good bar and a chain with life left in it.

You'd have to try really hard to get more saw for that money.

Back